Milo !

kennywtelejazz

Milo is the name of my new dog,  so I decided to name a tune after him  😀

On this song I play a Full Hollow Body Jazz Guitar a Washburn J4 ...and a Telelcaster ....All guitar synth parts were played on my Jazz Box ...

Also this is a Twanger Central performance so the basic BT is not mine .....the stuff I added is pretty cool ..

I hope somebody like the playing .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 7

On 12/17/2020 at 5:33 AM, garybrun said:

Loved it... nice and FUNKY!!

Hi garybrun ! I'm glad you Loved it ...means a lot to me

On 12/17/2020 at 6:22 AM, Vitarion said:

I liked that song as well. Nice job!

Hi Vitarion , I'm glad you liked it to . Musically each of the song sections is meant to capture Milo's attitude as we go on a long walk ...

On 12/17/2020 at 8:37 AM, mark skinner said:

Kenny , the Washburn/Tele combo was real nice. Smooth as a pit bull.  Congrats on the new friend ..   mark

Hi Mark Skinner , Thanks for the congrats on my new friend . Him and I seem to be Velcro-ed together ...

Yep the Washburn / Tele combo seems to be smooth as a Pit Bull with twice the bite ...lol

On 12/17/2020 at 10:13 AM, Lynn Wilson said:

I don't say this very often, but...it ended way too soon.  I always enjoy your guitar synth, but your lead guitar tone is stellar, as always!  Well done!

Hi Lynn, I'm glad you felt it ended way too soon . I listen to some of my music from the past and I say to myself  Hey Kenny when is the guitar solo gonna end ....😄

it has been nice rapping with you ,

Kenny

The thing about clean guitar is that there are simply no hiding places for any flaws in your technique (not than you need any) because this was peerless and flawless at the same time - loved it. I'm with Lynn - it finished way too soon. 🙂 Andy

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 9:40 AM, bjornpdx said:

Kenny, I like the playing which is top notch as usual.
I hope Milo appreciates his song. 

-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn , I'm glad you enjoyed my guitar playing . All the little themes my playing exhibits are attitudes Milo does when we take a long walk ..

That's the back story on why I played the way I did ....

On 12/21/2020 at 10:23 AM, Paul Bush said:

Yep loved this great tune so well recorded , played to perfection ...oh jaaaaaa

Thank You Paul !

On 12/21/2020 at 11:36 AM, AndyB01 said:

The thing about clean guitar is that there are simply no hiding places for any flaws in your technique (not than you need any) because this was peerless and flawless at the same time - loved it. I'm with Lynn - it finished way too soon. 🙂 Andy

Hi Andy , As it turns out I'm just somebody who enjoys playing clean .  I don't use any effects when I practice or play my guitar at home .

I'm so used to playing dry all the time  , when I finally plug in ( to anything ) it is a real treat for me ...

This whole recording with the exception of the last section of the song was just the sound of my guitar plugged straight into my amp . Any wet sounds you hear were added after the guitar was recorded in Cakewalk ...

For the dirt section I went Old School and used a dirt pedal. IMHO , Clean Guitar done right is a thing of beauty .

thanks for the kind words .

On 12/21/2020 at 5:07 PM, jwnicholson78 said:

really nice.  I love that you named it after the new pup!  I enjoyed every bit of it.

I Love my new Pup ... To be responsible , I blew all my Christmas money  on  getting him set with all his shots and licensing  ,...Oh is he worth it ...

I'm glad you enjoyed this clip ...I had a lot of fun doing it . this has been nice talking with you,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

Sorry to take so long coming back here ...

On 12/24/2020 at 7:45 AM, jack c. said:

out-standing job.love that funky stuff!nice riff in and out of key.ya recorded this in bandlab cw,if so i sounds as good as the pros. jack

Jack , Thank you ! I like it Funky too .

I have a bunch of the top rated DAW's ..Depending on one's workflow  IMHO BandLab is every bit as good as anything that is currently out there ...

On 12/24/2020 at 8:06 AM, Starise said:

I'm sure Milo likes this one.........and the rest of us too. You've still got it Kenny. In fact In think it's getting better.

Hi Tim , I'm glad you liked this one . I love my little angel buddy Milo . there might be hope for me yet  ....

On 12/24/2020 at 8:47 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

Excellent mix - I loved how the bass and drums sounded right away - nicely done.

Top-notch guitar playing as well - it was a fun listen.

Hi Douglas ,

The bass and the drums  sounded good too me and they came from another player...

I rearranged the whole song structure , played down a number of guitar and synth parts ..and did the mix . I'm pretty happy with how this came out since I went for a real simple melody ...I 'm glad you liked this one ...

On 12/24/2020 at 5:27 PM, DeeringAmps said:

What are you using for the midi conversion?

BTW, great playin' as always...
Very cool stuff across the breakdowns.

t

Thank You for the listen Tom !

The section where I'm playing my Jazz Box before it goes into the F 7 b 5 Cadenza was easy to do as a Midi conversion in BandLad w Melodyne Essential ...

IMHO the conversion works good because I'm playing a tone that has an even Keel ...not a whole lot of overtones to cause glitches...In other places I use the Jam Origin Midi Guitar 2 plugin ....

Happy New Year  Guys

Kennyy

• Thanks 1