"Sharing Violation" when trying to save a project

noynekker

I had a Cakewalk project idea on the go, which eventually turned into a good idea . . . so, I renamed it and moved it to a folder in Cakewalk Projects directory . . . then opened the project and saved it using a per project Cakewalk folder.  Basic stuff ? Now, when I open the next day and try try to save it I get this "Sharing Violation" message, like it's in use somewhere else in Windows ? . . . the only way to keep my new changes is to do a "Save As"

So, now I have 7 project versions, because of this. It's like The Edge of Tomorrow movie . . . every day this error repeats itself. Once I do a "Save As" I can properly save all my edits . . . until tomorrow, when I get the "Sharing Violation" message again . . . have to do "Save As" to a new version.

Anyone experienced this ? . . . and know a way out of this perpetual time loop I'm trapped in ?

• Like 1

Scook, nothing in my Cakewalk world should need an eLicense . . . but I do have HaLion Sonic by Steinberg loaded as VST in this project which runs on the eLicense . . . you think that's the issue ? . . . I haven't seen this in the many other Cakewalk projects where I use HaLion Sonic.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

Ah just got this too with a project with Halion Sonic in it! I remembered there being an issue and search came up with this thread. Does anyone know if they have issued a fix yet? 

PM Noel Borthwick, He's got a link to a patched elicenser. That one works.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Simeon Amburgey Thanks can you confirm that their official update fixes the issue?

It appears to be fixed!
Here are two scenarios I have tried.

Open Previous Project and Save without doing a SAVE AS - FIXED

Started an Empty Project, Loaded VSL Synchron Pianos and HALionSonic - Save - FIXED

I also was able to save some previous broken projects with their pre-release version. It also appears the version number was bumped up a little more as well.
I would say go get it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1