Feature request - Custom Toolbars

dwf2008

I would very much like the ability to create custom toolbars similar to that provided by WordPerfect. Start with a blank toolbar and add my own buttons. These could be standard buttons or custom buttons created by me to run macros built by me. The toolbar would be dockable near the top of the screen under the main menu. Some buttons I would include would be :

Zoom to project limits

Zoom to selection

Zoom In

Zoom Out

Cut/Copy/ Paste

Delete & Drop Hole

Add/Delete Markers

Set punch  in/out

Save

Export

Normalize

Open various Views Etc.

I know some of these are already available on various parts of the screen, but they are scattered and not very well positioned for easy access. I also know there is a limited ability to create a toolbar/toolbox but it is limited to 9 buttons and is not very attractive.

Thanks

1 hour ago, JoseC said:

Surprised to find out that WordPerfect still exists. O.o

Still heavily used in the Legal market.  Has features taht Microsoft Word does not, and it's a lot better at formatting documents to specific specifications (because of Reveal Codes).

Don't see it going away super soon 😛 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/18/2020 at 4:30 PM, JoseC said:

Surprised to find out that WordPerfect still exists. O.o

Yes, that is exactly what I am hoping for. WP was and still is the best word processor on the market largely because of features like this. Come on bandlab. You can do better.

3 hours ago, chuckebaby said:

Have you tried the "Custom Module" ?
there  is a reason i put in a request for it (5 years ago) and cakewalk came through for me. You can link all these buttons to just about any commend available.

Yes I have, but 9 buttons is not enough for me. For example, almost every VCR transport button set has a "Go to beginning" button. Cakewalk has one but it is a little tiny button under the big one where it should be. I want to customize that set and set it up the way it should be. I also want to set up a set of zoom buttons similar to audacity. In essence I want to be able to create my own toolbar that sits under the standard one and spans across the entire console.

Thanks for your interest.

14 hours ago, dwf2008 said:

almost every VCR transport button set has a "Go to beginning" button. Cakewalk has one but it is a little tiny button under the big one where it should be.

Ctrl + Home sends you to the beginning of the project. RTZ (W) sends you to where you parked your Now Time. Two different things.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

I was glad to see the updated control bar when to new look of SONAR was released.  However, I was greatly disappointed to find that we could no longer customize the control bar the way we could in previous versions.  I wish they would bring back that level of customization, but after working with themes I am not sure it can be done.

Kind regards,

tecknot

19 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Ctrl + Home sends you to the beginning of the project. RTZ (W) sends you to where you parked your Now Time. Two different things.

Forgive me for trying to illustrate my point with some outlandish discussion. . . .

Hey everybody, I just found some wonderful new software that does everything I always wanted. The only drawback is that it doesn’t follow the usual windows conventions. The X to close a window is now located in the middle of the bottom margin of the frame. Oh, and to make the speakers work you have to click and drag the orange duck from the right side to the lower left side of the screen. And, although the software is free you need to buy a $200 thingamajig that includes a whatchamacallit to make it seem more familiar. . . .

My apologies. Sure Cakewalk is feature rich and a wonderful piece of work. If it wasn’t I wouldn’t be using it (since the DOS days, although I did set it aside for about 25 years).  People who have been using computers for a long time come to expect things to work in a certain way and when they don’t follow the usual pattern, it becomes very frustrating. The program could be much more pleasing to use if they hired a good interface designer, or as I am suggesting, provide us with the ability to fix it ourselves.  And while I’m at it, it would be helpful if they would scrap all the old Sonar documentation that is no longer relevant or even correct.

Thanks for listening to my rant.