Humble Bundle Video FX

cclarry

13 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Oh boy! Can I resist? 🙄

I'll wait a bit for someone to convince me that I don't need all of this. As they are 2k/HD video assets I assume they must add up to multiple gigabytes in size.

Visual effects footage adds up fast.  It's funny though I have a bunch of stuff bought in the early/mid 90's that are just SD resolution that I find myself feeding into Topaz Video Enhance AI to upscale, so now it takes up even more space.  Looks like some of this was in the Humble Bundle Filmmakers, have to work out how much is new before I buy it.

• Haha 1

Just an FYI, I use this:
https://github.com/mmarcincin/HB-DRM-free-bulk-downloader

To bulk download Humble Bundle books and content like this.  Plus a Python script I wrote to do some renaming of PDF files (so the PDF filename is the full name of the book).  It's painful to setup, but the rewards are worth it.  Like this bundle, it's 60 downloads!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, cclarry said:

If you go to ActionVFX you can get a LOT of these for FREE
https://www.actionvfx.com/collections/free-vfx/category

Good call Larry! 

9 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The 60 files in this (a few of which were in last year's Filmmakers Humble Bundle) comes to 157GB.  Even with the script and getting a solid 10MB/sec it took awhile to download everything.

Thanks for taking the time to post this Matthew. 157Gb is not so bad and I might be tempted to store on an offline drive but first I should check what's included in last year's bundle and the ones that are free as Larry pointed out.

XYplorer's dupe file finder says there are 63 dupe files between last years Filmmakers bundle and this one.

I believe these are the duplicate categories (some of these had more than one file, like the Muzzle Flashes which are all many PNG files):

Humble Bundle Filmmakers\Big Gas Fires
 Humble Bundle Filmmakers\Bullet Hits
 Humble Bundle Filmmakers\Dirt Blasts
 Humble Bundle Filmmakers\Gas Explosions Vol. 2
 Humble Bundle Filmmakers\Ground Fire Vol. 1
 Humble Bundle Filmmakers\Muzzle Flashes\42 Pistol Flashes
 Humble Bundle Filmmakers\Spark Hits Vol. 2

I decided the duplicate level wasn't that bad (63 files out of 725).

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

I don't care about any of the fires and muzzle flashes, but I am very excited about the transitions and backgrounds and overlays from CreatorVault.  This is seriously a great deal for stuff of this nature.  Anybody who watches my videos knows I love stupid transitions and effects.  (I have transitions where the screen wipes with donuts--waiting for the right use for that).  

The ones that are listed as "pack" have everything you see in the demo videos.  The ones with numbers are just a few samples.  If you click the links you can see which ones they are.  There are a lot of things on Creator Vault I would have liked to have seen included, but I guess they can't give away everything. 

There are free samples on the Creator Vault site HERE.  I'm going to check them out before I buy so I can make sure they work with Vegas.  Most of their demos say they do, but I don't know if they all do.     I have so many transitions that don't work with Vegas.  I am probably going to have to learn Da Vinci Resolve at some point.  But it's a hassle to edit videos and have to do effects in another program. 

If you spend enough time looking for this kind of stuff, you'll find lots and lots of free samples.  Some very cool ones here:

https://cinepacks.store/collections/free-packs

• Thanks 1