Growing Older ...

Wibbles

I'm 58 next year.  I actually made big increases in my health over the last couple of years.

Ironically, I now eat MORE eggs and fat than I used to, but have mostly cut out grains (which turn to sugar when ingested) and sugars (especially pure crap like high-fructose corn syrup which is just as addictive as cocaine).

YMMV!

6 hours ago, craigb said:

I'm 58 next year.  I actually made big increases in my health over the last couple of years.

Ironically, I now eat MORE eggs and fat than I used to, but have mostly cut out grains (which turn to sugar when ingested) and sugars (especially pure crap like high-fructose corn syrup which is just as addictive as cocaine).

YMMV!

I have my own chickens, so yeah I eat one every now and then, but they say eggs are bad for you.  I don't really believe a few eggs on the weekend hurts anyone. A friend of mine went on the Keto diet. I don't know much about it. He eats a large omelette every morning and  I have visibly seen him drop weight over the last 3 months. Just because a person is loosing weight doesn't necessarily mean they are healthier though. There are plenty of skinny people in the cemetary.

I was told to cut down on the sugars too.  Pre -diabetic.   I have been reading the labels more now and amazed how much frinkin Corn syrup and High Fructose corn syrup is in so much food.  First thing I cut out was adding sugar to my coffee in the morning.  I don't miss it and slowly I have been trying to eat more salads etc...

My problem has always been the carbs. I am a carb junkie. There I said it. I am a Carb-Junkie :(  Is there a seven step program for me?

• Like 1