Toontrack Indiependent SDX

cclarry

15 minutes ago, Grem said:

Does that require full version of Kontak?

Is there anything by 8dio that doesn't?

Edit:
Sorry not trying to be a smartass, as far I know all of 8dio stuff requires full version of Kontakt.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Sorry not trying to be a smartass,

Did not take it that way Steven. Took it as your were being helpful.

Seems like a stupid question I know, but I don't own anything from NI except GR. And a lot of these posts I will look at only to realize.....

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Grem said:

Seems like a stupid question I know, but I don't own anything from NI except GR. And a lot of these posts I will look at only to realize.....

Grem - my (unasked for!) advice is to put FULL kontakt on your wish list - there are various deals/upgrades to be had on it every now and again.  I'm sure Larry will point them out.  

When you have it then a whole world of free, cheap and often really excellent stuff opens up.  The cost of buying it is totally offset by the freebies and cheapies....

14 minutes ago, simon said:

Grem - my (unasked for!) advice is to put FULL kontakt on your wish list

Thanks Simon. Larry (and others) have pointed this out to me many times. I am always reluctant to go into another 'rabbit hole' that I don't really need. 

Let me explain a little. I bought into Dimension Pro, Zeta and Rapture long ago. It was all I ever needed really. It worked fine. And at that time there was no way I was paying what NI and IK wanted for samplers. So Dim Pro was it.

Advance a few years and Larry dangles this carrot called Total Studio from IK in front of me for something like $99. And I bit. : )

Since then I have kept pretty much clear of any other Sampler other than Sample Tank. Only because it's all I need.

Now I could go on and explain the other 'Rabbit Holes' I am currently in.... but that's TMI!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, simon said:

When you have it then a whole world of free, cheap and often really excellent stuff opens up.  The cost of buying it is totally offset by the freebies and cheapies....

Completely agree with this. Just as an example, there have been 23 Cinematique Instruments KLANG freebies and 10 8Dio On the House libraries released so far (that I'm aware of). If you considered the price of Kontakt (which would be even less if you you crossgrade from a Player library), you could think of it as £11 per instrument; even less if you start considering freebies from other companies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simon said:

Grem - my (unasked for!) advice is to put FULL kontakt on your wish list - there are various deals/upgrades to be had on it every now and again.  I'm sure Larry will point them out.  

And then set aside a few hundred extra $$$ for new disk space for all of those free/cheap libraries that you probably don't need. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, abacab said:

And then set aside a few hundred extra $$$ for new disk space for all of those free/cheap libraries that you probably don't need. 🤪

Yep....Kontakt is a BLACK HOLE....but it's SUCH A GOOD Black Hole!!! LOL

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4