Mixing tips for my song?

ceakay

3 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Mix comes across OK what do you think is wrong with it?

I think I could've done better with the kick in the beginning (the one with lots of low-pass filter when the first drums came in). It did sound a little off to me. And maybe added more bass on the beat drop. I appreciate that you think it was ok, though. That makes me feel so much better! 😂

20 hours ago, seakay beats said:

kick in the beginning

I was listening to it as a whole presentation, I suppose for the genre the Kick could be viewed as a little thin sounding, have you tried using Parallel compression on it? Or perhaps using some surgical EQ on the other voices sharing the same frequency range.

Personally I usually put quite a narrow cut around the 80Hz mark on any Bass instruments to give space for the thump of the kick.

The advice on low pass everything that is not bass is also a little misplaced, yes where appropriate but not everything only where they are causing mud to occur and avoid Reverb on anything below 150Hz.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Personally I usually put quite a narrow cut around the 80Hz mark on any Bass instruments to give space for the thump of the kick.

The advice on low pass everything that is not bass is also a little misplaced, yes where appropriate but not everything only where they are causing mud to occur and avoid Reverb on anything below 150Hz.

Thanks, Wookiee. I appreciate the tips for the EQ of my song! 

• Like 1