Sampling in Halion 6 within SONAR

ModMan

Hi,

Any Halion 6 users out there?

According to the documentation you have to enable the side-chain input by clicking a button in the plugin header...there is no button! Is this a Cubase only feature?

Can anyone help me to get the audio from my guitar recorded into a Halion 6 instance within Sonar? I've tried various

routing options but have given up. Halion 6 doesn't show a side-chain input for example if I try to put a send on my guitar audio track to send to Halion.

Thanks,

Mike.

CbB does not use buttons in the header to create side-chains. The header added to a plug-in UI depends on the DAW.

If a plug-in has side-chain inputs, they should appear in all audio/instrument track and bus output/send options except for the track/bus hosting the plug-ins.

In the case of a synth, it may be necessary to add the synth to an audio/bus FX rack for the side-chain inputs to appear in the other tracks/buses.

I do not have Halion 6 to test but I do have other synths with side-chain inputs that work this way.

Hi,

I've tried adding the synth to the FX Bin but alas still no Side-Chain to target.  

Dissapointed - have raised a support call with Steinberg to see if any other DAW apart from Cubase can see the side-chain.

Cheers