Show Me The $$$

davet

I stopped buying Sonar upgrades at 8.5.3.  After trying a demo of Platinum 3 I knew I wasn't moving forward with Twelvetone/Roland/Gibson.  So,  I installed Cakewalk/Bandlab

and I have to say I'm really happy with the current version. Seems to me that when the new owners launched Bandlab there was a price of $199.00 for the Pro version? Happy to get the current version for free but what about the future?  I'm willing to pay for software to keep the company going.

If this has been discussed please point me to the proper topic. Or tell me to shut up about it. :>)

TIA,

DaveT

Yes the old forum has probably 400 pages on the topic your welcome to Google your question there. Bottom line is they have no plans on charging for the software.  In the year they have owned it the focus has been on bug fixes which is what 99% of us had always wanted. If there's a feature missing you want you simply buy the DAW that has it. 

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002366114-Why-are-you-giving-Cakewalk-by-BandLab-away-for-free-

• Thanks 1

yep go do google search on old forum about this.   So far Meng has kept his word about Cakewalk. A great deal for someone wanting to learn a full featured DAW for free. Look at it this way. If for some reason it doesn't work and you were a newbie, you still would be able to transfer your knowledge gained over 90% IMO do another DAW. Not a bad return on your investment.

12 minutes ago, Craig Anderton said:

And hopefully it would put Rapture Pro back on track! I still think it's an amazing synth, I just wish they'd clean up a few of the loose ends (e.g., envelope problems, presets not being able to find samples).

Mr Anderton, I bet u have a lot of inside info, can you throw us a bone, what's happening behind the scenes? Promise we won't tell anyone:D

2 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

And hopefully it would put Rapture Pro back on track! I still think it's an amazing synth, I just wish they'd clean up a few of the loose ends (e.g., envelope problems, presets not being able to find samples).

It would be cool to spread voices over threads so that a single processor doesn't get over worked too. I like to use a lot of voices.

15 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

hopefully it would put Rapture Pro back on track! I still think it's an amazing synth

Oh, no kidding. I just took advantage of having a Gibson Cakewalk account to download and install Home Studio, which got me (among other things) Rapture Session, which in itself just blew me away with how great it sounds.

And my understanding is that it's just a preset player.

4 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Oh, no kidding. I just took advantage of having a Gibson Cakewalk account to download and install Home Studio, which got me (among other things) Rapture Session, which in itself just blew me away with how great it sounds.

And my understanding is that it's just a preset player.

Another cool thing about Rapture Session, is that it will import the preset libraries from Dimension Pro and Rapture Classic if you already have them installed. That makes for a super preset browser!

Edited by abacab