Why no offline Help feature?

Rick Rickoff

One thing that perplexes me about my Cakewalk by BandLab installation is that when I'm offline and click Help/Documentation, I simply get an error message telling me I'm offline.  I had read in the documentation that supposedly Cakewalk always directs Help to the online web page unless you are offline, in which case it is supposed to use offline help.  It would seem that the documentation is incorrect regarding this.  This drove me bonkers the first couple of times it happened, because I always restart my computer with a reconfiguration of the msconfig.exe file, before starting Cakewalk, to disable most of the normal startup programs and services.  This improves performance, of course, but with the Internet and related services disabled, this means that I have to quit Cakewalk,  restore items in msconfig.exe that enable going online, and restart the computer just so I can see the documentation again.  In Sonar 6, there was no such problem viewing offline Help, so I'm wondering why it isn't available in  Cakewalk by BandLab.   Any answers would be appreciated, thanks.

• Great Idea 1

There's no offline help for CbB.

If you've got SONAR Platinum, what you can do is copy SONAR.CHM from C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\SONAR Platinum  to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core.

It's a bit out of date, but not so significantly that it'll cause too much of an issue.

A few users have asked for offline help - I believe it's under consideration.

• 4 months later...