SynthMaster Player v2.9 for Windows

Mark Ellis

I've got SynthMaster Player v2.9 for Windows, but I can't figure out how to get some of the sounds to actually get inserted into Cakewalk. I've tried scanning for VST plugins. I've got the folders SynthMaster is in included in the list, but it doesn't find anything for SynthMaster when I right-click on track and choose Replace Synth. Thanks in advance for a response; I especially love keyboard/piano/organ sounds.

I do not have the player but did install the full version of synthmaster.

The only thing you will find in the plug-in list is the synthmaster plug-in itself.

It is the only thing that needs to be in the VST scan path. All the other files do not need to be in the scan path.

If you cannot find the dll, re-run the installer and pay attention to where the installer puts the VST plug-in. The installer should give you a way to specify where the VST plug-in is installed.

Once the plug-in is scanned, add the plug-in to a project. The plug-in has its own browser to load the different sounds.

Patrick, thank you; I did find the DLL file, added it to the VST path list, deleted the ones that didn’t belong there, scanned, & now it shows when I right-click on a track and select Replace Synth. I’m able to select and hear any of SynthMaster’s sounds in its own browser, but I’m still not seeing how to add 1 of its sounds to a project I’m working on. Once I can figure that out, I’ll be well on my way to recording multiple tracks and then adding some singing to multiple projects. Thanks for the patience; I’m extremely new and “green” at MIDI/tracks/recording/effects, etc., but I’m learning!

14 hours ago, Mark Ellis said:

I’m able to select and hear any of SynthMaster’s sounds in its own browser, but I’m still not seeing how to add 1 of its sounds to a project I’m working on.

It's all about MIDI. Add the synth as an instrument or audio+MIDI track pair, load a preset from the synth preset browser and enter/record some MIDI data in the instrument/MIDI track.