Sonokinetic Day 7 - Largo

cclarry

A year ago I've bought 500GB Nvme chip, relatively cheap, with a belief that if I put only the most essential, substantial libraries on, it should last maybe for the next couple years. Yeah, silly me, that was so naive :D.

Well, maybe if I didn't spent most of the time here on this forum since then...

Edited by chris.r

9 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

Matt, what do you think of Largo? Use it much?

I don't really use it all that much.  That's true for all the Sonokinetic phrase libraries though (and I have almost all of them, only missing Tutti and Espressivo).  They are great libraries but at the end of day it's just loops.  Magical and mixable loops with all sorts of interesting overlaying abilities sure, but still just a loop.  The drag MIDI does help a bit though.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Matthew Sorrels said:

I don't really use it all that much.  That's true for all the Sonokinetic phrase libraries though (and I have almost all of them, only missing Tutti and Espressivo).  They are great libraries but at the end of day it's just loops.  Magical and mixable loops with all sorts of interesting overlaying abilities sure, but still just a loop.  The drag MIDI does help a bit though.

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at with their stuff. There are times when it is exactly what you need to put a realistic final touch on an orchestral piece - and their libraries are gold when those moments come around. But mostly, they don't get used a lot.