Steinberg drops support for certain products

cclarry

Some of you might have seen the news on the website already that we have announced the end of technical support for the following products as of January 1st, 2021.

• Cubase 7.5
• Cubase 8.0.x
• Sequel 3
• HALion 4
• HALion Sonic 1
• sonote beat re:edit

My experience of Steinberg support (many moons ago).......

Me: Every time I press a key, any key, the program (Cubase Jr version of the day) crashes.

SB: We don't know what is causing that.

Me: So what now?

SB: There is nothing more we can say.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

I have only had bad experiences with their product portal and website. Dowloaded various demo packages during the last days of SPLAT. Cubase was one of the DAWs I tried to demo. Used the obligatory download software, but could never authorize the software or get anything to work.  Everytime I updated anything on their website it threw out error messages. In the end, I expunged everything from my PC, which is a shame, as I really wanted to like Halion....but I could never get it to work.

56 minutes ago, paulo said:

My experience of Steinberg support (many moons ago).......

Me: Every time I press a key, any key, the program (Cubase Jr version of the day) crashes.

SB: We don't know what is causing that.

Me: So what now?

SB: There is nothing more we can say.

you were lucky to get a reply ! :)

I just assumed that steinberg support don't actually exist in any real sense...they are more of a metaphysical idea ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, simon said:

you were lucky to get a reply ! :)

I just assumed that steinberg support don't actually exist in any real sense...they are more of a metaphysical idea ?

There is that. Perhaps they put themselves out more for noobs?😀

I have had long waits with Steinberg support in the past, but a support issue I had with the recent Cubase11 rollout was answered in 4 days. Might be a record. 

After the last update, the Steinberg Download assistant is working (for me on my machine) as expected. For a while it wasn’t working at all. 

• Like 2

I haven't contacted their tech support but I have had to contact Steinberg Sales support and they did solve the problem I had, reasonably well (after purchasing a HALion crossgrade when it was on sale, the crossgrade verification took too long and I ended up being charged full price. The support rep asked me to pay full and he would then issue a partial refund to bring it back to sale price. Paying full and waiting was a little unnerving but the refund did come through a couple of days later and it all ended well)

• Like 1