Exporting as mp3..?

Johnny Penk

Hi, I can export as mp3, but it will not play on windows media player or any of my media players on my PC or Laptops. I even went as far as taking the MP3 to my friends house and it doesn’t play in his either. Ive even tried to export it a few times and it won’t play, but what is strange is that it will play on my iPhone after saying it to my Dropbox. 
I’m exporting at 256kbps. 

Is there something wrong with Bandlab, but I never had an issue before and it always worked

Yeah, John Vere is onto something. Many MP3 players need additional codecs installed in order to play higher quality MP3's.

Check the sample rate and bit depth of your MP3 files. If they're higher than say, a CD (Redbook) then search Google for the codecs that play higher resolution MP3 files for your particular software.

On 12/13/2020 at 3:29 PM, Gswitz said:

You don't have the track you're exporting muted, do you? In that case the time will show correctly on the mp3 and the now time will progress, but there will be no sound.

He said it played on his iPhone, that was the big clue to playback. iPhones will play just about anything. My car stereo for example doesn't like 320 kbps Mp3. I seem to only be able to use 160kbps. Seems weird. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, still having issues playing them on my recording PC even being a .wav file, but never had this issue before. Just happened out of nowhere. It has to be a windows issue, not Bandlab since they play on other devices.  I can play them on my laptop or IPhone. Saving them at 256 44/16 and wav 48/24
This is the message I’m getting with both type files. 

916FEB4A-C8FF-4927-ABB5-CD247FA43F93.jpeg

Edited by Johnny Penk