WAVES V12 Plugins

Darcy

Max, thanks for the reply! After reading it, I called Waves and got on a remote session with support. They fixed me right up this time, so I’m happy now! All of my Waves plugins scan and show up in their correct versions and all V12 plugins are resizable again. Like I say I really like my Waves plugins also, so many great tools, which added to my frustration of suddenly having them all seemingly going haywire. 

In my case the maintenance “repair” did stop the crashing / not opening issue , but for whatever reason messed with the versions. (10, 11, 12) 

I just got off the phone with support and it’s all working great! 

Appreciate all the input here. 

4 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I know what you mean but they/I  have a bunch of great plugins.

They just fixed mine with a updated waveshell.vst3.   2 are 12.0 and one is 12.1

Max Arwood

So do a lot of other pluign makers.

I've never had as many issues with anyone else on the market as I have with WAVES.  Very few I'll risk adding to a project these days, wish I'd spent my money elsewhere, as they are practically impossible to sell.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, maybe I spoke too soon. After my Waves support session everything seems fine, but I did have one error message Waves related (V12 vst) but it didn’t actually crash Cakewalk. Now when I try to add a plugin such as Waves Abbey Road TG mastering I get a message that says “track name contains illegal characters and will not be changed”..... then after clicking on the OK, it seems to work, but will continue to give that error message either closing or opening the project with that plugin. 

But, only with some plugins, TG being one for sure. 

Anyone else had to deal with this message?

Thanks! 

I searched a little more on this forum and found that Noel Borthwick had mentioned that issue was because of some change Cakewalk made, and that the newest Cakewalk update fixed it. So, I did the update. No longer get the “illegal character” message, but.... right back to my earlier projects crashing with V12 vst3 waveshell...🤯 brother. This is driving me nuts. 

95A7EE0C-6896-4661-BCEA-C44913258FF5.jpeg

12 hours ago, Superclown said:

I searched a little more on this forum and found that Noel Borthwick had mentioned that issue was because of some change Cakewalk made, and that the newest Cakewalk update fixed it. So, I did the update. No longer get the “illegal character” message, but.... right back to my earlier projects crashing with V12 vst3 waveshell...🤯 brother. This is driving me nuts. 

95A7EE0C-6896-4661-BCEA-C44913258FF5.jpeg

As far as recent changes go, we made an installer fix related to a Waves component that was causing a component to throw an error when updating Cakewalk, however the core issue with the Waves shell crashing for some users is with the Waves shell itself. They've been working on a fix for this on their end, so hopefully it will be in their next update. 

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm having the same issues with waveshell V12.7. Unbelievable! I spend 2 sessions with online help, which was great! It seem to fix my problems temporarily. I'm again, after purchasing more plugins, having the same problem. It has cost me hours and hours of my time. Now waves is saying I may have to pay for help. What a drag!

I have reinstalled earlier versions of everything that I could. I was still getting still getting the message about waveshell 12.7. I when in and erased the 12.7 file after copying it. I was able to open a project and the only thing missing was Ovox and Vocal bender. I'm thinking I may try to reinstall just those plugins using and earlier version like 12.0.

This could lead nowhere but it's all I can think of at the moment. I'll probably schedule another session online and hope they don't make me pay and that it will once and for all be fixed.