WAVES V12 Plugins

Darcy

Well, based on Craig Anderton's suggestion and FIP GeBall's guidance, I did the suggested "Repair" in the Waves Central app.

Took about 10 min to complete, but it says it repairs all the installed Waves Plugins.

I've played with Cakewalk about an hour loading, modifying, saving, and reloading about 10 projects and Lo and Behold... no crashes!!!

I hestitate to claim that the problem is now resolved, but it sure looks like it's fixed!

Suggest others with the same crashing problem try the "Repair" solution. I already filed a support ticket earlier today with Waves Support, so I should hear back next weekand see if they suggest doing the repair as well.

Thank you Craig and GeBall!

SuperClown- Same problems you guys are having. Saved me alot of time by removing Abbey Roads Reel ADT from the song I had a ton of waves plugins  via safe mode.

After that the song loaded up with all my other wave plugins, no problems. Does seem to have something with the Abbey Roads Suite.

UPDATE: I had crashes adding plugins to my song that already had too many plugins. So far it seems abbey roads, some newer waves plugins plus the amount of waves plugins seem to be the culprit.  Couldn't duplicate on a new song with fewer plugins but using newer or abbey roads suite. 

Edited by Ener Chi

On 12/18/2020 at 6:28 PM, Charles Czerny said:

Matthew.... It sounds like you were able to tie the problem to a specific plugin? If so, which Waves plugin was that?

I've been unable to trace the problem to a specific plugin, and will also contact Waves Support to see if I need to get a modified version of all v12 plugins that I use.

The waves V12 stuff is usually bundled together into a master file so couldn't tell you which one it was specifically!
There was only a single file that was updated when they assisted me.

I sent my dmp file to waves and they fixed my problem by  getting me to replace a file.

This is the email I received from Waves

Hi Darcy,

Thanks, this seems like a known issue and we may have a solution for it.

I have uploaded a zipped Waveshell to the same Sharepoint folder we have created.

Please download it, and unzip it.

Now, take the WaveShell2-VST3 12.0_x64, and replace it with the existing one in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3.

Launch Cakewalk and see if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards.

Uri Bar

Waves Technical Support

www.waves.com

Edited by Darcy
  • Thanks 2

On 12/21/2020 at 4:59 PM, Darcy said:

I sent my dmp file to waves and they fixed my problem by  getting me to replace a file.

This is the email I received from Waves

Hi Darcy,

Thanks, this seems like a known issue and we may have a solution for it.

I have uploaded a zipped Waveshell to the same Sharepoint folder we have created.

Please download it, and unzip it.

Now, take the WaveShell2-VST3 12.0_x64, and replace it with the existing one in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3.

Launch Cakewalk and see if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards.

Uri Bar

Waves Technical Support

www.waves.com

Thanks I just called  waves for the update. Hope it works. 

Edit - The waves update worked for me too. Thanks again for letting us know it was available!!

Edited by Max Arwood
solved
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I did the “repair” option on Waves central. And yes my projects now open ok. The only problem is, the “repair” reverted almost all of my v12 waves plugins that had the window resize feature back an earlier version and to non resizable windows. Only a couple out of quite a few V12 plugins now are resizable. Anyone else have that happen? I guess I’m going to have to call Waves before their WUPS expire! I don’t get it. 🧐 Also, now several Izotope plugins don’t work. 

2 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Let's hope you don't have to repair multiple times, as Waves only allows one repair per year. I'd advise any people to have a plan B for those Waves plugins. At any moment in time, they could fail and you already repaired once. I don't think you'll push your deadlines one year into the future.

Retrieve an extra copy of licenses 1x per year. Repair as many times as you need.

• Like 1

I just updated a bunch of Waves V11 plugins to V12 then when doing first scan I got this error:

1397254642_wavesv12error.png.a941b7bf5f8f72b60f5761a28b9b1be3.png

after that, the error didn't come back and I have no other issues with Waves so far. But it didn't leave a good impression for the beginning. And I noticed that all errors in this thread are pointing to the same WaveShell2-VST3 12.0_x64

Edited by chris.r

I had problems with v12 So I went back to version 11 like everybody else. Then I found there was a “cakewalk” update  so I got it from waves then did a repair  and a rescan   V12 worked very well  Not many bugs in it now  Call tech support they can help!

Edited by Max Arwood
Can't spell can't figure

Update from waves - you have to ask for it.  Not sure it is just for cakewalk .  Someone else mentioned it so I called and and ask for it.  I cleared a few crashes I was having.

I thought it might be for cake because the ask me which DAW I was using.

Edited by Max Arwood
added info

On 1/18/2021 at 7:24 AM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Let's hope you don't have to repair multiple times, as Waves only allows one repair per year. I'd advise any people to have a plan B for those Waves plugins. At any moment in time, they could fail and you already repaired once. I don't think you'll push your deadlines one year into the future.

I checked in with Waves Support on this issue. Officially from them... "Please note that the REPAIR option in Waves Central is not limited.

What it does is simply reinstalling all Waves files,  you can do it as many times as neeeded." (1/25/2021)

I believe that the above post was referencing  the Licenses Recovery option, which is to be used only in case of lost, stolen, or damaged USB flash drives or computers - Reactivate & Recover Licenses .

Given this clarification, it appears that if Cakewalk is crashing at startup per this thread, Waves Repair does fix the problem per my experience, and can be used as often as needed.

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to try to get my Waves V12 working like they did before the “repair” which reverted them back to some unknown version with no window resizing. Waves Central shows them all as V12 installed and activated, and licensed to my machine. Waves Central of course had yet ANOTHER new version which happens nearly every time I go there which then had to automatically install etc.  Using maintenance I could not uninstall V12 and only a couple uninstalled, after reinstalling them all I got were error messages “incorrectly installed plugins vst waveshell v12” so many pop up windows I had to just close Cakewalk. I again did “repair” and decided as they suggested to do the version organizer thinking that would help. Then roughly half of my Waves plugins no longer show up in my plugins. So opening a project results in a window with a huge list of Waves plugins used in those projects that are not found. Nothing on their website helped. I’m now realizing that I was pronouncing “waveshell”’ as wave shell, when actually it’s pronounced as waves hell. That fixes everything. 

The last 2 Waves webinars I signed up to watch on Waves both failed and cancelled due to “technical problems” the most recent a couple days ago with Allen Sides. Then ironically today I get an email from Waves on how to improve my online webinar broadcasting with their products. 

I like my Waves stuff, but it’s getting to where I’m actually afraid of them, this ongoing issue with their plugins has  caused me to have the least productive and creative time in my studio ever over the last year. Projects crashing, plugins disappearing, plugins changing inexplicably, etc.  then not having support unless you pay or are paid up. Happily all of my other plugins work great with Cakewalk. 

• Like 1