WAVES V12 Plugins

Darcy

On 12/13/2020 at 2:18 PM, Darcy said:

Who's using these and are they working for you. I'm having lots of issues with them.

V12 Plugins also working fine for me in the latest version of CbB.  What problems are you having?  Perhaps we can help.  Also, I have actually found Waves tech support to be surprisingly responsive and helpful.

21 hours ago, Bill Ruys said:

V12 Plugins also working fine for me in the latest version of CbB.  What problems are you having?  Perhaps we can help.  Also, I have actually found Waves tech support to be surprisingly responsive and helpful.

Thanks Bill,.
 If I insert a Waves plug in into a project it will work fine until I exit the project and then reload again. 

I get this error message.

I have contacted Waves, I just wondered how widespread this issue is as I've seen a few others with the same problem. It seems it may not be. 

crash 2.jpg

Beside the crash in CbB and the disappointing UI update that becomes blur at 125% resize - nothing new to their engine. 

This information is from reviews and video's I've watched when it was relaesed. 

Read here.

Another user on a different forum claim, a bigger graphics card is required. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Darcy said:

Thanks Bill,.
 If I insert a Waves plug in into a project it will work fine until I exit the project and then reload again. 

I get this error message.

I have contacted Waves, I just wondered how widespread this issue is as I've seen a few others with the same problem. It seems it may not be. 

crash 2.jpg

Hi Darcy,

Are you using a SoundGrid I/O or Waves Server for plug-in offloads? If so, you will get this error if opening a project before you turn your hardware units on. You'll have to make sure all your external hardware units are turned on and operational first before loading a project which contains StudioRack or any plug-ins being offloaded for processing.

Edited by FIP GeBall
  • Like 1

Hi, first time posting but long time user of Cakewalk. I am having the exact same problem as Darcy.  Started after the V12 waves change. 

I can work on and save a new project using any plugins, but then next time I go to open the project I’ll get that error. Also many older projects have the same fatal error. 

All plugings scan with no errors. 

During installation of new Waves V12 plugins I also got this “fail to execute script -local server” error during the scan. The scan finished and then reopening Cakewalk didn’t reappear since. 

Not sure if there’s a connection. 

I appreciate the knowledge shared in this forum! 

Brian 

265D4D3D-9553-4A35-BF31-F973D57C03D7.jpeg

D0D0681C-0A4A-4637-8538-2F25B2BDCE77.jpeg

I am also having the same problem. Previous projects that were working fine, will crash upon opening with the same popup screen error message.

I did a complete reload of the 12 Waves plugins that I have, and for the next Cakewalk session, the projects that crashed previously worked. But when I exited Cakewalk and started a new session, the project that worked a few minutes earlier crashed with the same error message.

I tried to isolate which plugin might be problematic, but there is no consistency. One project uses 5 Waves plugins and crashes. Another project uses those same 5 plugins plus two more and works fine.

I have not yet contacted Waves support as I wasn't sure if any others were experiencing the same problem.

I am running Win10-64 in an I7 PC with 16g RAM, and latest profuction Cakewalk version.

Edited by Charles Czerny
Added new info.

20 hours ago, Matthew Simon Fletcher said:

I was experiencing this crash with Waves V12.
I contacted their support and they provided me with an updated version of the plugin and that resolved the issues.

They certainly seem to be well aware of it :) Not sure when it will be made generally available.

Best wishes,
Matthew

Matthew.... It sounds like you were able to tie the problem to a specific plugin? If so, which Waves plugin was that?

I've been unable to trace the problem to a specific plugin, and will also contact Waves Support to see if I need to get a modified version of all v12 plugins that I use.

38 minutes ago, Craig Anderton said:

When I've had problems with Waves plug-ins, a "repair install" always fixed it.  I'm not at the studio computer so I can't tell you where the option is in Waves Central, but IIRC you have to poke around to find it.

Open up the latest Waves Central version 12.0.11 | 2020; in the far left lower corner you'll see the gear icon labeled "Settings" click this, then you'll see in blue letters -at the top far right the word "repair" click on this and Waves Central will repair all of your installed waves plug-ins. Hope this fixes your issue.

Best Regards,

Edited by FIP GeBall

As a follow up, I opened a crashing older project in safe mode and systematically removed one Waves plugin at a time, starting with the first in the selection box, then followed with “Yes to all”.  It would then crash and I’d start over saying yes to the previous Waves plug I said no to, then saying no to the next one, the “yes to all” and so forth. Only changing / removing one plugin each time. When I got to Abbey Road Chambers and didn’t allow it to load, everything then worked fine. No issues after that, and no crashes. Sounds like possibly a problem with maybe the Abbey Road V12 bundle install? which I had just added the new RSS124, and had to reinstall and activate the entire bundle. So I’ll try the “repair” option in Waves Central. Thanks for that tip, hoping it works!