Audio Issues

Zaquria

Since the last two updates, I have had some serious issues with audio, either during play back, stopping and starting a project or when inserting VST plugins.

Generally, stopping at start a project will cause loud pops, clicks and crackles (I have already checked my computer and it is more than capable of handling audio streams during playback).

Enabling and disabling VST plug-ins or Clips can cause the audio synch issues with the project, and adding an audio file to a track will also cause the pops clicks and crackles and synch issues .

I also have a lot of issues with tracks with audio samples going out of synch when starting play, I have to stop and start again to get the audio and project to go back into synch. It doesn't matter if I have 2 or 200 tracks within a project. This almost always happens.

When I drop a VST plug-in into the FX bin, the audio either goes out of synch or loud pops and clicks.

I thought this could be a case of buffers being set too high, so I lowered to safe, but the issues still persists.

Reinstalled the Pre-Sonus Audio-box drivers, twice. Still the same.

I reinstalled Sonar Bandab twice to no avail, although I have not done a total fresh install, I have refreshed the settings to their defaults.

Separated my OS, Projects and Samples to their own SSD Drives (2 EVO drives and a Samsung SSD).

However, when I moved all the tracks, VST instruments & plug-ins and samples used to Studio One and Reaper, there were none of the issues described above. So I am going to assume that this is an issue with Bandlab, Bandlab settings or it doesn't like my OS.

My Setup is:

• Windows 10 64bit (Optimized with a lot of crap removed)
  • Intel Core i7-8770k 3.70GHz over-clocked to 4Ghz,
  • 48 GB Ram,
  • GeForce Nvidia GTX 1050ti
  • PreSonus AduiBox iTwo

Any help would be more than appreciated. 🙂

Edited by zaquria

I've found that any time I re-install audio drivers, it's worth resetting the audio settings (either by deleting AUD.INI or by using the "Reset to Defaults" button within Preferences->Audio->Configuration File).

The only thing that I set differently from the defaults is ThreadSchedulingModel which I set to 2.

Also make sure:
1. You're using ASIO mode using PreSonus's own ASIO driver  ( i.e. not ASIO4ALL or any other "generic" driver  - in fact if you have these installed, consider uninstalling them)
2. Your Playback Timing Master and Recording Timing Master are set correctly.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 11:50 PM, msmcleod said:

I've found that any time I re-install audio drivers, it's worth resetting the audio settings (either by deleting AUD.INI or by using the "Reset to Defaults" button within Preferences->Audio->Configuration File).

The only thing that I set differently from the defaults is ThreadSchedulingModel which I set to 2.

Also make sure:
1. You're using ASIO mode using PreSonus's own ASIO driver  ( i.e. not ASIO4ALL or any other "generic" driver  - in fact if you have these installed, consider uninstalling them)
2. Your Playback Timing Master and Recording Timing Master are set correctly.

Hi Mark,

I have already tried reset the settings and set them to default, I am sure that ThreadSchedulingModel is set to 2 as default though.

I don't use any other ASIO drivers other than the one which comes with Presonus AudiBox ITwo, and the Playback and Master times are set correctly.

• 3 months later...
On 12/16/2020 at 6:08 PM, Gswitz said:

You don't have DPC issues, do you?

Sorry for the late reply.

No I don't, this computer was was built and Windows optimized for music. I use three DAWS, Cakewalk, Reaper and Studio One. I have no issues with Reaper or Studio One. 

I uninstalled Cakewalk and did a fresh install, and I still have the same issues. Unlike Reaper and Studio One, I find that Cakewalk will cause me issues even on a very small projects. I have drop outs, sync issues, especially when adding and turning on and off FX plugins (I am not talking about CPU intensive plugins) and it does take much to have latency issues when recording Guitars or Vocals. Yet I don't seem to have these issues in Studio One or Reaper. 

It really becomes an annoyance having to stop and restart projects after turning on and off,  due to sync issues (The track goes out of sync with the rest of the track) or having to drop the buffer size to the lowest setting just to get a project to play without drop outs.

I really like Cakewalk, but these performance issues are making it hard for me to keep using it 😢