Overloud Holiday Sale

cclarry

It generally goes against the grain these days to think of getting a plugin for more than $29 - especially when it’s on sale. 

That said, the GEM plugin called Dopamine (which is around $85 with this sale) is intriguing.  Props to Overloud for making it.  Not sure I could afford it even at this “sale” price.  I like it though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, antler said:

If I'm not interested in using Rigs, is upgrading from TH-3 to TH-U worth it? (e.g. modelling quality, features, etc) I already have Bias FX 2  (yeah, I know some people say it's rubbish, but I think it sounds good enough for me)

Tough to say.  I do think the overall sound quality and flexibility improved but it took a slightly backwards step in terms of general UI esthetics.  It wasn't a deal breaker but I prefer the UI of TH3, nuanced as the differences may be.  They're working on a few release updates now so work continues on the platform - those improvements and features will not carry over to TH3.  I think its worth the upgrade and don't regret it at all.  It's cheaper to do it now than when it was released and they've added features (not just Rigs) since then.  Personally, I hope Amplitube is good enough to take its place in the rotation but it will be tough to beat in terms of sound and CPU usage.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lawajava said:

Good idea!  Logged in and see that perhaps because I have one GEM effect, Dopamine is $74.00, a slight discount off the stated sale price.

Still too  high.

Hi Lawa! That's an interesting plugin and I'm also considering it.

Just checked at JRR and with 'Group' code, it shows $66.36. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, antler said:

If I'm not interested in using Rigs, is upgrading from TH-3 to TH-U worth it? (e.g. modelling quality, features, etc) I already have Bias FX 2  (yeah, I know some people say it's rubbish, but I think it sounds good enough for me)

I think so. I mostly use the Brunetti and bass gear in TH-U and I don't think the Brunetti stuff changed. I'm not a fan of the iRig stuff ...

What’s New

In addition to the models available in TH3, TH-U includes:

15 new amplifiers, including the Superlead and Superbass models, Polytone jazz amplifiers and DVmark Triple 6 head

14 new cabinets

Rig Player, reproduces models captured from real setups

Amp Tweaks, mod amplifiers by customizing pre and power tubes

A Shimmer Reverb and a Shimmer Delay

An improved and redesigned Cabinet IR module

A new multitrack looper

Search function on the preset banks

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lawajava said:

It generally goes against the grain these days to think of getting a plugin for more than $29 - especially when it’s on sale. 

That said, the GEM plugin called Dopamine (which is around $85 with this sale) is intriguing.  Props to Overloud for making it.  Not sure I could afford it even at this “sale” price.  I like it though.

I got one for sale , test it and tell me ;)

2 hours ago, Piotr said:

Any other GEMs on sale from you? :)

Yep homie , check my kvr thread and more coming , th3 and comp g is one of them ... if i could i would seel some PA first befor those since they sound damn good , but that s the only thing with a good resale value today lol with softube ...

i also have izotope stuff ...

7 hours ago, Zo said:

Yep homie , check my kvr thread and more coming , th3 and comp g is one of them ... if i could i would seel some PA first befor those since they sound damn good , but that s the only thing with a good resale value today lol with softube ...

i also have izotope stuff ...

Thnx, Zo, checked. Dopamine is not on my radar unfortunately. The rest I have got some time ago :)

Good luck with sale. :)

On 12/12/2020 at 11:53 AM, Mesh said:

Hi Lawa! That's an interesting plugin and I'm also considering it.

Just checked at JRR and with 'Group' code, it shows $66.36. 

I did end up getting Dopamine at JRR.  I’ve tried it on one song I’m presently mixing.  It made a clearly positive impact.  Satisfied on this purchase!

• Like 2