Am I Skipping A Step?

Johnbee58

I've started using the marker feature recently.  I use it moistly to mark the beginning and end of a song.  It's quite useful, but I have a small issue with it and maybe it's just my ignorance of how to use it.

I have the beginning and end of the song marked where I want those points to occur.  I push shift+alt+4 and that brings up the Marker Manager.  The begin and end points on the time line are highlighted blue.  So, I go to export and the final results are as if I didn't use the markers, IOW any empty space before  and after the beginning and end still come up in the resulting WAV.  I can only get this to work correctly if after pushing the shift+alt+4, I click on the highlighted timeline end-begin points and re highlight them.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

🙂John B

9 minutes ago, RobertWS said:

Cakewalk doesn't know that your markers are the beginning and end of your song.

It assumes when you export, you're exporting the whole song....unless you highlight the markers...ie create a sub-range.

OK.  What is the easiest and best way to create a sub-range?  These markers are new to me.

Thanks!

🙂 JB

Edited by Johnbee58

2 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

OK.  What is the easiest and best way to create a sub-range?  These markers are new to me.

To create a selection range between markers place cursor between two markers  near the top of the timeline ( you will see a magnifying glass with a downward arrow underneath) and click.  This will select a range highlighting all tracks.  In your case, since the markers are at the start and end, simply click in the timeline anywhere within the song.   

• Thanks 1

For some reason, selecting the initial range in the Markers View displays the blue highlighted range in the Time Line but doesn't actually select anything. You have to manually select it in the Time Line itself. 

Once you've done that, you can select a new range in the Markers View. 😕

OR

You can use the Arranger track to create a range of any desired length. Simply click on that "section" and it's selected.

Edited by sjoens
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys! 🙂

I tried this and it works.  In fact, it takes it to a much simpler process than before.  I store all of my projects with the Console view up to so all I have to do is pull that down a bit to see the timeline, click on the "magnifyer" and it has everything selected for me, tracks and all.

🙂 JB