Help! File gone crazy!

jono grant

Hey there, I have an almost finished Cakewalk session that is all of a sudden being all crazy!

When I open it, it displays a huge list of all the tracks and says they're all set to silent hardware busses. Everything is playing and I can change inputs and bus outputs, but it will not allow me to change any track outputs! They are all set to master and play fine.

What the heck is going on? I need to change some outputs on some tracks but now I can't.

If I've ever seen a message like this in the past, I just change the master output or something simple to get it all working again.

I've never had track outputs become locked.

Please help!

Thanks

Update: saved file as a bundle, reopened, it says there's a corrupt audio region and it will be padded with silence, file opens, same issue though.

So a corrupt region on a track somewhere.

I reopened file and deleted all the tracks, add a new track and it works fine. So I guess I have to delete tracks one by one until I find the culprit! Oi

Final update:

I deleted one track at a time and found the one track causing all the grief. I saved the track's effect bin as a preset, exported the audio dry and then created a new track with the audio and efx bin.  Everything works fine now.

There was nothing I could see causing the corruption. It was a track that I hadn't even been working on.  

Thanks

Jono

• Like 1

22 hours ago, William W. Saunders, Jr. said:

There's been a lot of that going around, but there is an update due in Washington next month which may get rid of some of it.  Probably not all.

I have a massive list of weird goings on lately...

I wish they would fix things rather than keep changing things...