Blue Yeti and Cakewalk?

tdehan

On 12/11/2020 at 6:20 PM, tdehan said:

Does the Blue Yeti work with Cakewalk?  If so, how do I configure it in Preferences as Cakewalk does not see it.  Windows does and my other DAWs do.

Thanks

My daughter has one with only a USB interface. Is that what you have?

I haven't had to deal with it yet, but will. So I'll be following this thread. She likes the mic but the USB interface and the 16 bit depth are a concern for me.

If there is an ASIO driver for it and I can record her vocals solo, then I'll probably use that. Otherwise, I'm hoping I can use WSAPI. Then I'll just have to remember to switch back to 24 bit depth when I switch back to my audio interface, something I've forgotten to do before.

I have 3 proper XLR mics!!... That's not the issue or the question.  I have the Blue Yeti so my wife and her friends can do simple recording into a DAW.  I would prefer to use Cakewalk.  It works just fine in Audacity but as mentioned I would prefer them to use Cakewalk.

Edited by tdehan

I'm not knocking the mike,  They are perfect for use with a lot of software and podcasting,  It's just that  USB mikes are just a PITA with DAW software there's a million posts on the topic. 

Did you try WASAPI mode?  Try the different driver modes until you find one that works. Last resort is asio4all. 

On the rare occasions I use USB mics, I tend to go for WDM as a driver mode. The latency is lousy, but it is pretty reliable, and plays nicely with multiple audio devices.

Just remember to change the recording timing master to whatever you're recording with.

Once I've done my recording though, it's straight back to ASIO.