Have to give kudos to the Cake Bakers

Jimbo 88

So I have spent many, many years and hours on Cakewalk.  I don't pay a whole lot of attention to workflow and features. I just push buttons till I accomplish my targeted goal.  If someone asked me , "How'd you do that?" I'd have a hard time responding.  Once something starts working for me,  I just get in the groove and go to work. My head is so focused on my music and not how to operate software.

My business model has changed drastically and I spend much more time in notation software now.   When I come back to Cakewalk I keep noticing how things keep getting way  better.

Step Record is now way better, not sure when that happened.  The expression map is such a help I can not express.  Copy and paste is way better.  I make too little use of the arrangement features, but that's gonna happen.

It's better, Bakers!

That is all....

PS.  Try doing something with notation.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

20 hours ago, InstrEd said:

I do have to agree with you Jimbo 88 about the workflow.  I would be a bad teacher for CbB as I just seem to do what I want and if you told me to explain/write it down I would really have to think about it. 

But this is exactly what "the art of music production" is about: Don't let the hard- or software get in the way of your creative workflow. The magic happens without noticing the exact way to the goal. You just used your ears to achieve that well done mix? You closed your eyes while feeling the right things? You did everything in the right way!

• Like 1