8DIO 4 Forgotten Voices $18 Each

cclarry

1 minute ago, antler said:

How usable are these libraries? The demos sound great (as do those for most of the 8Dio libraries), but I'm thinking these might be one-trick ponies, especially after reading Simon's comment.

I can only speak for Terrie - but how many songs call for a sample of "Amazing Grace" sung with full on improv in one specific key ?  There are lots of examples like that.

I noticed that one of the other libraries has them singing the full version of "She Moves Through the Fair" - which is handy if you are doing a cover of that specific song ?

The more generic stuff might see some use though.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, simon said:

I can only speak for Terrie - but how many songs call for a sample of "Amazing Grace" sung with full on improv in one specific key ?  There are lots of examples like that.

I noticed that one of the other libraries has them singing the full version of "She Moves Through the Fair" - which is handy if you are doing a cover of that specific song ?

The more generic stuff might see some use though.

Exactly. I think that loop and phrase libraries like this are more usable for genre's like hip hop where it's part of the genre to take loops and phrases and manipulate them with the beat. For everything else, it's hard to say how useful they will be. I don't write as much music as I'd like lately (too busy trying to pass my music theory class which I have yet to decide how much it will help me) but I own a few of these libraries and haven't used a single one yet. Price is right though. I find if I use something once, I'm happy. It's hard to put a price tag on something that contributes to a finished piece of work.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, antler said:

How usable are these libraries? The demos sound great (as do those for most of the 8Dio libraries), but I'm thinking these might be one-trick ponies, especially after reading Simon's comment.

I think one would be better off with getting vocal loops and chopping them up and use Melodyne or something similar.

• Great Idea 1

16 hours ago, scottfa said:

Just got Terrie,  pretty disappointing. Not even ooohs or ahhhs. Maybe some of the African chants can be of some use?

Glad I purchased Ethera Soul as well!

agreed that there's not enough generic padding

There are some "ooohs" in Gospel 1 and 2 but with a bit too much 'gymnastics' to be useful