2020: In Four Words

X-53mph

Not a song as such, but my music was used in a video over on HitRecord which will probably be going out on streaming platforms.

https://hitrecord.org/records/5350550

It's called 2020: In Four Words, and it collects together people's thoughts, images, videos, to express 'their' 2020.  My piano playing is the entire soundtrack (which really surprised me). It's also really nice that the video has been edited to my playing, rather than me having to adapt my playing to the video (which is what usually happens). The piano is my livingroom upright - Geez, I don't know why I keep amassing all these VSTs when my 'real' piano recordings keep getting used ;) 

Hope it brings some joy and reflection to someone.

Peace and Hope!

• Like 4

Yes!  The music captures the overall gloom and the pic and vids capture everything else.  Terrible year for the entire globe with this virus.

I was tempted a few times to write a "coronavirus" song, as many have, but resisted.  I find it better to use my creativity to try to forget about it.  I'm not knocking others who have expressed their frustrations about it in song or other artistic ways.  Everybody has their own way of coping.

My heart goes out to all who have suffered in any way from this terrible worldwide situation.  My thoughts and prayers are that we all soon come out of this stronger.

🙂 John B

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/12/2020 at 3:30 PM, Johnbee58 said:

Yes!  The music captures the overall gloom and the pic and vids capture everything else.  Terrible year for the entire globe with this virus.

I was tempted a few times to write a "coronavirus" song, as many have, but resisted.  I find it better to use my creativity to try to forget about it.  I'm not knocking others who have expressed their frustrations about it in song or other artistic ways.  Everybody has their own way of coping.

My heart goes out to all who have suffered in any way from this terrible worldwide situation.  My thoughts and prayers are that we all soon come out of this stronger.

🙂 John B

Yeah! I know what you mean. A lot of really crappy art is going to come out of this pandemic. My music was used for the video but it wasn't written for the video, it was made a year before and uploaded to HitRecord then. The staff editor who put the video together chose my music to fit the words and images of others. 

The song evolved from those early recordings into something very different (released last year), which you can hear here: https://53mph.bandcamp.com/album/our-house-is-on-fire 

But I'm pretty sure you won't like it....it's inspired by Greta Thunberg ;D