Fatal Error when opening on new PC

Martin Vigesaa

I get the fatal error message (image below) when trying to open a project on my new PC.  This appears to be related to 1 or more plug-ins as simpler projects with fewer plug-ins open ok.   The odd thing is the project does open and works, it just crashes if I click "Yes" or "No" on the error message window.  

I can Shift-Open the project, but that removes ALL effects and it would be difficult to re-construct the project from that point. 

Any advise on how to fix the issue so the project will open?

Finishing the project on the old PC may not be an option as it has some other issues.

CrashOnOpen_vst3 error.PNG

You probably need to find out which one of your plugins are not supported by your new windows architecture. When gong into a new windows, you need to check and make sure all your software and hardware is compatible with the new windows. 

You may need to update a plugin and/or not use it anymore if it doesn't have an update to the current windows you are using.  

Edited by CJ Jacobson

5 hours ago, Martin Vigesaa said:

I get the fatal error message (image below) when trying to open a project on my new PC.  This appears to be related to 1 or more plug-ins as simpler projects with fewer plug-ins open ok.   The odd thing is the project does open and works, it just crashes if I click "Yes" or "No" on the error message window.  

I can Shift-Open the project, but that removes ALL effects and it would be difficult to re-construct the project from that point. 

Any advise on how to fix the issue so the project will open?

Finishing the project on the old PC may not be an option as it has some other issues.

CrashOnOpen_vst3 error.PNG

You can see there it's crashing in the Waves 11 shell. Looks like you're missing the plugin suites too though, so just in general you probably want to install Platinum with everything, then reinstall CbB. That won't impact a crash in the Waves shell, though. You can send us the dump file, but you'll probably want to contact Waves as well. 

Solution found: 

The issues was narrowed down to the waves plug-in "Scheps Omni Channel".   

This was the fix

• Uninstall the plugin
  • Open the project that had the issue.  (Likely will have to do this to all projects that contained the plug-in from the previous computer)
  • Delete all instances of the plug in from all tracks and busses in the project.
  • Save project.
  • Re-install the plug in ("Scheps Omni Channel" )
  • Open Project.
  • Insert the plug in as needed.  (unfortunately I lost all settings for each instance of the plug in.  I likely could have opened the project on the old PC, then saved the settings for each channel/bus, then transferred the file that contains those saved settings and transferred to the new PC...)  

Let me know how you make out Martin, as I'm having the same problem.
I'm applying a few plug-ins, closing Bandlab and then opening it again to see if I get the error message. I can apply as many plugins as I want and use them but it's not untill I close the project and then reopen it again that I get the error message.

Darcy,  Are you setting up a new PC (as I did) and are trying to play projects from the previous machine? 
Did you delete the effects from the channels FX bins in the tracks and busses?  

It seems possible or probable there could be other plug-ins besides  Scheps that have the issue and it could be it's not the plug-ins fault, but some issue of transferring the plug in to the new machine from an old project file..

Martin

No I just recently bought some waves V12 plugins, tried them with my old Sonar X3 and they didn't work so I downloaded Bandlab.

The project I'm working on is an old one that I tranferred in from Sonar but I don't think that's the issue.

The only Waves plugin I can get to work is IR live, 

I guess I could try with an entirely new slate and see if that works. 

HEY  is there ANYONE out there having sucess using WAVES V12 plugins? Please let us know if this is widespread or is it just us.

On 12/12/2020 at 8:15 PM, Darcy said:

Martin

No I just recently bought some waves V12 plugins, tried them with my old Sonar X3 and they didn't work so I downloaded Bandlab.

The project I'm working on is an old one that I tranferred in from Sonar but I don't think that's the issue.

The only Waves plugin I can get to work is IR live, 

I guess I could try with an entirely new slate and see if that works. 

HEY  is there ANYONE out there having sucess using WAVES V12 plugins? Please let us know if this is widespread or is it just us.

We have Waves V12 in house, and I use them every day. That said, we've seen some users experiencing crashes on load, and have sent some customer dump files to Waves ourselves. You definitely should try and follow up with them if you're experiencing problems.