XLN new installer w new look & updates

TheSteven

20 minutes ago, chris.r said:

So what exactly would be the procedure? My comps just recently updated to 1909 and I suppose I'll have to reauthorize now. Thx

Just run the XLN installer - it will tell you if you need reauthorize.
If you are 'out' of authorizations go to XLN's website and under your account delete authorization for the machine that you are currently using, & reauthorized using installer.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

I often get that silly dialog about wrong computer but when I run the XLN installer it never says anything about reauthorizing and acts like everything is fine.  And even inside Cakewalk after getting that wrong computer dialog, AD2 loads and works just fine.  Usually the dialog only comes up once in a while (maybe OS updates) in this case I'm pretty sure it was running the installer and it updating AD2.  It's like it doesn't really mean it or something.  But at least I've never been locked out of it.

33 minutes ago, Soundwise said:
18 hours ago, Fleer said:

I wish XLN would do more keys. 

As well as Addictive Brass, Addictive Reeds, Addictive Bass. They are just not interested in new products, it seems.

With this, they could easily get me more addicted, I'm sure!

• Like 1

This one looks ugly and indeed to white ...... all the center thing start to become stupidly close to websites , just put those in our website account and we manage things from there since we have anyway the need to be online .....at least we will not install crap on our drives and tons of GB  losses ...

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Zo said:

This one looks ugly and indeed to white ...... all the center thing start to become stupidly close to websites , just put those in our website account and we manage things from there since we have anyway the need to be online .....at least we will not install crap on our drives and tons of GB  losses ...

^Absolutely this! Plus we'd avoid the mess many of those managers leave on the disk. At least leave us the option to opt out from using a manager (edit: and the XLN manager is still on the better side of the evil).

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

I wrote to XLN support about madness of forcing to install totally useful versions of plugins and lack of choices for user.

Got an answer they are developing it and my concerns will be passed to devels. We will see. 

I hope they will be caring more about user opinion sent to them than Overlaud (still waiting for fulfilling their promises about Tapedesk controling on many tracks at once).

17 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

In case they implement this feature, I doubt it's going to be a free update. More like a new major version with an upgrade path.

Who knows? They have upgraded their 1176 significantly without  any additionally price for owners of older version...

2 hours ago, Piotr said:

They have upgraded their 1176 significantly without  any additionally price for owners of older version

Perhaps just for you because your "(+)" count happened to = 1176?

On a less goofy note, recently picked this up and in general find they do a number of things that make the GEM series pretty useful. 

On 12/11/2020 at 12:16 PM, Matthew Sorrels said:

After running the new installer

image.png.3e2ebd32dccba1b200313a31d7a9657b.png

I got this with Addictive Keys when doing a scan in CbB while the XLN online installer was actually still open! 

To be fair, it did work fine when I created an instrument track and I got no message at that point.

On 12/12/2020 at 12:42 PM, chris.r said:

At least leave us the option to opt out from using a manager (edit: and the XLN manager is still on the better side of the evil).

FYI: just look at all the hell raised by IKM users because they DID NOT have a software manager. Now they do. And it was certainly justified given the astronomical number of downloads with hundreds of GBs involved.

I agree that listening to the user, and giving them a choice is always the best solution!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

FYI: just look at all the hell raised by IKM users because they DID NOT have a software manager. Now they do. And it was certainly justified given the astronomical number of downloads with hundreds of GBs involved.

Oh yes, absolutely, the terrible amount of GBs justifies the need for a manager, I'm just a voice from only one side of the coin :). Otoh I have fast network so I managed to download everything by hand without much trouble.