XLN new installer w new look & updates

TheSteven

• TheSteven changed the title to XLN new installer w new look & updates
5 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Now their installer is WAY newer than their products 🤪

If they would make their products similar to the installer, then I am glad they do not update the products! 😆 The new updater looks really ugly (Facebook style).

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

The installer needs a dark mode.....  very bright in a low light studio.....  almost burned my retinas out...

How often do you open the installer? Me, I can live with that, 'cos I rarely use it. I use their products more often than the installer! 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

I removed everything XLN over a year ago...
Worst Big Ticket Developer out there IMO...

I know many of you love them...but their development
is terrible...

That's why I said IMO

I just have the drums and some expansions that bundled. I have considered removing them but I am keeping them, for now, " just in case". There are some nice kit in there but the authorisation thing does not give one confidence.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Now their installer is WAY newer than their products 🤪

Yup, pretty unusual situation :)

Seems it is for them first priority. Although it is a pity the thing is still terrible dumb and forcing to install trash like 32-bit without any choice. And offering 'repair' (lol) option when it is removed manually by user. 

I am putting 32-bit things paths always on RAM disk, not to need to erase manually, but stupid installers like XLN or NA are alerting there is something to repair...

I like the feature in AD that allows you to modify/alter the drum midi. It does offer a unique way to get a groove that I don't see in other drum programs. I will keep using it for that alone. And it does sound pretty dang good tooo!! That makes it much easier.. : )

[edit] Forgot to add that the new UI for the installer looks a lot like Izotope installer. That maybe the new trend in UI!!!? Also Waves new UI for the Ren plugins follow this type of UI.

Edited by Grem

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

I removed everything XLN over a year ago...
Worst Big Ticket Developer out there IMO...

I know many of you love them...but their development
is terrible...

That's why I said IMO

Other the other hand they tirelessly support what they've put out, constantly updating it.

Be nice if they improved their authorization system so you don't have to reauthorized their system every major Windows update (just went through this yesterday when my Win10 updated to release 2004) BUT is a fairly painless update - a couple of clicks to reauthorize their whole line.

As opposed to others...
I just upgraded my SSD and even though I cloned the drive am frustrated by how many items I have to reregister/reauthorize.
One of the absolute f******g worst is iZotope - where I have to reauthorize every friggin plug separately🤬, each one taking multiple clicks and screens.  I switched their plugs to iLok thinking that would get me out of having to individually re-authorize (like every other vendor who uses ILok) - NOPE, it just adds another layer of pain because you still have to do the individual per computer manual authorizations and now if I want to sell off their crap I have to deal with iLok fees.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

As opposed to others...
I just upgraded my SSD and even though I cloned the drive am frustrated by how many items I have to reregister/reauthorize.
One of the absolute f******g worst is iZotope - where I have to reauthorize every friggin plug separately🤬, each one taking multiple clicks and screens.  I switched their plugs to iLok thinking that would get me out of having to individually re-authorize (like every other vendor who uses ILok) - NOPE, it just adds another layer of pain because you still have to do the individual per computer manual authorizations and now if I want to sell off their crap I have to deal with iLok fees.

You and me both.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Be nice if they improved their authorization system so you don't have to reauthorized their system every major Windows update (just went through this yesterday when my Win10 updated to release 2004) BUT is a fairly painless update - a couple of clicks to reauthorize their whole line.

So what exactly would be the procedure? My comps just recently updated to 1909 and I suppose I'll have to reauthorize now. Thx