I recorded multiple looped takes, and I would like to be able to keep multiple takes as doubles. Is there a way to easily  bounce all takes to tracks? or alternately to copy from specific takes to a new track without copying the whole take stack so I can comp multiple tracks from the same batch of takes simultaneously? I'd rather copy out each piece I like per phrase as I go, but if that's not possible, can you copy out a locked comp to another track, then unlock it and re-comp?

The way that I approach this is to first do a comp edit. Then flatten that comp. Next duplicate the track and in the duplicated track delete all of the lanes except for the flattened comp.

Then in the original track delete the flattened comp lane. Then select the original track so that all of the clips are highlighted and hit the letter k which will toggle the mute state of all of the clips. Now all of the clips that were in the original comp are muted.

Right click on the parent track and select "delete muted clips". Then you can create a second comp without worrying about using duplicate clips. 

Repeat the above steps as necessary to create as many comp edits as you wish. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/10/2020 at 11:59 PM, Base 57 said:

Right click on the parent track and select "delete muted clips". Then you can create a second comp without worrying about using duplicate clips. 

Repeat the above steps as necessary to create as many comp edits as you wish. 

Thanks, does "delete muted clips" delete clips from the audio folder (in addition to deleting them from the project)?