Midi to Audio

Michael E Esposti

Question

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, Michael E Esposti said:

I want to convert midi to audio using a external roland juno di  synth and  session drummer but not the external out puts to in put on my sound card. Just through the computer.

First open (don't import ) your MIDI file in CbB.  Make sure the MIDI tracks are configured  to sent MIDI to the port that your Roland - JUNO-Di is physically connected to.

Then add your session drummer as either a simple instrument or even with multi outs.   Load your drum patterns or program the pattern as you usually do.

Then create an audio track.  Make sure you set the levels so it does not clip anywhere

Then,  while your MIDI data is being played, record your Roland - JUNO-Di performance onto that audio track. Preferably you would want to use ASIO driver mode to minimise latency.

Note: While recording your Roland - JUNO-Di performance, you might with to mute your audio track that you're recording onto.

I have done this a few times, but I use a Yamaha module and recorded its performance from MIDI files but the workflow is pretty much the same..

Hope this helps.