Hitfilm Pro 16 FREE!

cclarry

4 minutes ago, Topcheese said:

@Lemar Sain  Did  you uninstall first?  I'm about to install it now and will report if I have any problems.  I should also note that my Win 10 updated last night, so perhaps that may have something to do with it.

My Win 10 also self updated this morning...and I had no issues, and the installer also 
uninstalled the previous version....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Topcheese said:

@Lemar Sain  Did  you uninstall first?  I'm about to install it now and will report if I have any problems.  I should also note that my Win 10 updated last night, so perhaps that may have something to do with it.

Thanks I did uninstall 1st.  Previous version loads without error on reinstall . The missing dll is in the program folder. Tried registering the dll but no luck.

37 minutes ago, cclarry said:

My Win 10 also self updated this morning...and I had no issues, and the installer also 
uninstalled the previous version....

Thanks, I didn't want to assume anything since it is listed as step 1 on the download page.  I kept thinking to myself that it only makes sense to do it automatically, thus proving I have no sense at all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Anybody know what the improvements are in this version?

https://fxhome.com/hitfilm-pro/whats-new

A ton of bug fixes, some enhancements and a few new features but it's not life changing (depending on what your system is). I figure I'll give it a go, even though there might be problems with the new version.  If there are problems, I can either pay to upgrade or go back to version 15. The way I use it, there is not a lot of difference but that might be different for others.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, slartabartfast said:

I am a bit confused as to what exactly is being offered and to whom. Is this a free upgrade for existing owners of earlier versions of HitFilm Pro or a de novo free offer to anyone? I assume it must be the former, since activation instruction seems to require an already purchased serial code.

Yes, the former.  About a year ago there was a Humble Bundle Offer that included 
Hitfilm Pro, and it was at version 14 at the time.  Right afterwards it was upgraded
to version 15 for free.  Hitfilm is a "12 months of free updates" program.  And since
they released Hitfilm 16 before our 12 months of free updates had expired, we 
got that upgrade for free also!

• Thanks 1