Inspired Acoustics Inspirata Lite FREE

cclarry

44 minutes ago, Sent4th said:

Okay, I deleted the files and started the download again. 

Thanks for the hint! I just did the same, took ~20 minutes (peak speed at 11.5 MB/s) and that formerly botched file was fixed by that.
Still though, it's unchanged, 39 files and 7.58GB on a SSD :D The downloader says 8.14 GB anyways.

Edited by MimoJP

It's took forever to download, so I cannot give them stars for their downloader nor the ilok, but I must say I quite like the sound.

The interface could do with resizing (bit too big for a laptop screen) but I like the way you can see the acoustic space that's being synthesized. The cathedral spaces are really nice, and they sound  natural from the get go. One of the better freebies this Xmas.

Worth keeping an eye on this, I think. I hope the developers work on it some more.

Edited by 53mph
  • Like 4

On 12/12/2020 at 8:09 PM, MimoJP said:

... it works fine when listening in real time.
However, I wasn't able to figure out how to make it work when exporting to audio.
Any attempt to export, be it in Cakewalk's Channel FX or as a send FX, did just export the dry signals.

Then, after that, the effect is also off in real time until I switch to another room and back.
I'm not sure if this is a local problem with my machine or if it should turn out a common issue.

... unless I'm missing something, it seems likely some bug in the latest Cakewalk product.
I have confirmed that the Inspirata plugin renders OK in two other DAWs (three, if I include good ol' SPLAT) but not in the Bandlab version.
Doing some more fiddling ...

On 12/10/2020 at 2:43 PM, antler said:

I'm not sure what gave me a bigger shock - seeing for the first time that Superior Drummer 3 needed 236 GB for a complete install, or that the Personal edition upwards of this reverb requires 140 GB of disk space.

Think of them as devices designed to confirm that you've gotten way too banal without the b regarding the whole production thing. Only then will they make sense.

Edited by paulo

9 hours ago, FrankP said:

If you put it as a track FX, set to full wet, and adjust the direct/reverberant button, then Cakewalk export to audio (slowly).

#UPDATE: The issues was identified/fixed!
"Driver Mode:" was set to MME instead of ASIO.
-------------------------

Thank you for chiming in! If you got that working, it must be some problem on my side.
But I've tried that too. What happens then is: I get a totally silent wav file. 
When I set the "full wet" a bit back, then I get a wav file with only the dry part.

So for some weird reason, the wet part goes missing somewhere. I'm running out of ideas, especially as this totally worked with Sonar Platinum.
I've compared both program's settings and didn't spot anything obvious.
Stuck with a riddle ...

Cheers!

cakexport.png

Edited by MimoJP

• 2 weeks later...

I got a customer email from the CEO explaining the difficulties the have had coping with download requests. They seem like a nice bunch.  I'm copying and pasting it here for anyone who is interested:

Dear Fellow Inspirata Member,

I am Csaba Huszty, CEO at Inspired Acoustics.

I would like to thank you for your enthusiasm, interest and support in the Inspirata Lite Giveaway. I am writing today to update you on Inspirata Lite and to share our future plans for Inspirata.

The giveaway of Inspirata Lite gained tremendous worldwide interest and built up a huge community in just a few days, accomplishing something that we will value for many years to come. We received tens of thousands of download requests, a correspondingly significant number of contact requests and support tickets, and our small team of acoustic consultants, engineers, developers and office staff have worked day and night to attend to them individually and get them resolved. The interest surpassed all our expectations and consequently, many of you might have had a bumpy download experience in the early days while we were sorting out our infrastructure bottlenecks and glitches in our download application (IA Connect). The demand was so high that it seemed like an attack on the network, which triggered automatic protective rate limiting measures, which was another hurdle we had to overcome. We were adding new servers every day to keep up with the downloads. Even today there are thousands of parallel downloads served by the global download cloud. This is an unprecedented number in our history so far.

This year was a very important year for us, and not just because of Inspirata. Our small family owned company, Entel, was founded exactly 30 years ago, and although many of you have first encountered our pro audio brand Inspired Acoustics for the first time this year, as acoustic consultants and telecommunication engineers, we have had a very busy year. We have been researching and developing Inspirata for a very long time now, and 2020 was the year when we reached a major milestone, the first release.

Inspirata is a journey, and you took the bold first step to be a part of it from the very beginning. I would like to express my gratitude for that.

For the next couple of months, we will be adding some exciting features to the larger editions of Inspirata, and we will keep developing more content, too. Technical issues will also be resolved, and you can expect the updates to be continuously published. The initial 37 rooms is just a portion of what is being prepared for future releases.

For the next couple of days many of us will enjoy the holiday seasons. Our team will return in full in the first weeks of January.

Those who have not yet redeemed their free Inspirata Lite license in the iLok License Manager application, please do so before January 31, 2021 so that you do not miss this opportunity.

If you have any questions, issues, feedback, ideas, wishes or something else to share with us, please feel free to send us a support ticket, or email to support@inspiredacoustics.com. All tickets will be individually attended. Make sure to check the Docs and Help Center section on our website where we constantly add content as we learn during the course of our interactions with you.

If you have some time during the holidays, take a moment to view the newly uploaded video demonstrations on our website: https://www.inspiredacoustics.com/en/products/inspirata-workstation#demos

Thank you very much again for your continued support, trust, and patience in us. Inspirata is here to change reverb.

Happy Holidays!

Dr. Csaba Huszty
CEO Entel Ltd., Inspired Acoustics

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Frank said:

It's definitely on my watch list. I see lot of potential for this reverb - for me the Personal Edition looks interesting. Let's see the further development.

Totally agree.

I especially liked the fact that they aren't just programmers, but they work in the fields of acoustics.

Don't forget to get the free license before the end of January:
"Those who have not yet redeemed their free Inspirata Lite license in the iLok License Manager application, please do so before January 31, 2021 so that you do not miss this opportunity." 

Ok. This fixed it. Very CPU hungry. I normally run with a 2.7 ms latency forced to up that to over 14ms to run clean.

This is a reasonably powerful machine. Mac Pro dual Xeon for a total 16 cores with 64G RAM...?

Interesting. It changes rooms very quickly and clean. My first listens were only for a drum kit so it will require more exploration to test the personal fit. Strange looking interface controls?

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone ... I installed Inspirata Lite Free on Cakewalk. Beautiful plugin but I have audible glitch issues even after mixdown ... Anyone have the same problem? How can this be solved? Thanks everyone for an answer!
bye Pier😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 9:35 AM, Pier said:

hi everyone ... I installed Inspirata Lite Free on Cakewalk. Beautiful plugin but I have audible glitch issues even after mixdown ... Anyone have the same problem? How can this be solved? Thanks everyone for an answer!
bye Pier😉

go under Preferences > Driver Settings (under Audio) and increase your Buffer Size

I have to add, though I like the sound and the layout of this plugin, it does seem to be glitchy as hell. I would strongly advise anyone against loading it into their next project 'before' saving everything.

Unfortunately, it has already crashed a project mid-way through, making me lose a fair amount of unsaved edits.  It also doesn't seem to render in Sound Forge, and I'm yet to get it to render in a CbB project; this alone makes it useless in a production.

So, despite my early enthusiasm, I cannot use this with any reliabilty in projects - I eagerly await a fix.

Shame really.