Scaler 2.2 Big Update out today (Not a Deal)

ZincT

Download from your account at https://www.pluginboutique.com/myaccount  (available now!).

2.2.0 (available now December 10th 2020):

Bass mode

• Generate bass lines adapted to your current scale and chords.
• More than 100 bass lines in many genres (Funk, House, Jazz, Pop, Rock, Synthwave, Trance, Urban)
• 7 new bass sounds (Bass Guitar, Chorus Bass, FM Bass, Jazz bass, Retro Bass, Saw Bass, Tight Bass)

Melody mode

• Generate melody lines adapted to your current scale and chords.
• More than 100 melody lines to choose from.
• New keyswitch for live-switching between melody parts.

Playback

• New re-trigger and follow behaviours when switching chords before the end of an expression pattern.

• Quantize and Swing - Align played notes on a grid or apply a global swing of various note lengths.

• Enhanced Progression Editing
• Ability to create groups of chords
• Ability to customise all playback parameters per group

UI

• Quick Navigation - Switch between the various screens from the quick navigation menu or use keyboard shortcuts to navigate even faster.
• Update the expression selectors to accommodate new playback modes.
• Increase the size of copy/move icons when dragging chords.
• Add notifications when dragging chords outside Scaler while bind or perform mode are active.

Other improvements

• Reduce playback interruptions when switching parameters live.
• Sustain MIDI CC message can now be consumed internally or passed through.
• Prevent a crash when loading user chordsets.
• Prevent a crash when using Keys-Lock.
• Prevent a crash when creating a chord from an empty pattern in Pad View.
• Add 16 beats chord duration.
• Syncing between Scaler instances now conserves Humanize settings.
• Prevent notes from being cut-off when using Keys-Lock - Chord Notes or Chord Extension profiles.
• Prevent the fretboard view from triggering keyswitch.
• Overall stability and performances improvements.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 10

24 minutes ago, Tony Carpenter said:

Pfft at 1Gbit per sec :). It's sounding good so far.

Were you actually pulling that down from their servers?

I have a decent connection but the download took at least 20 minutes....I think they were getting slammed pretty hard.  I'm fairly confident they don't have servers taht can handle 1Gig downloads from a single source connection.  

With the new sounds I was surprised the install size didn't grow that much.

Haven't tested stability yet, but the new featues are most appreciated.  (an upright bass would have been killer)

Edited by Brian Walton

8 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Looking forward to this becoming more affordable, hopefully, at some point.

I don't expect it to go under $49 (which is the best it has been for v2).  They should have no reason to.  But it doesn't provide the same value to everyone, all depends on your needs and workflow.  For me, it is one of the only plugins that I say is absolutly worth the normal asking price.  Honeslty can't think of any others I'd say the same thing about.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZincT said:

Available now - it's a full 772Mb download again!

I just downloaded v2.2 and it's 909,767KB file  .  Name of file is Scaler-2.2.0.pkg.

I don't think I've ever seen a .pkg  extension before so kinda leery clicking on it.   v2.1 was the standard  .exe file.

5 minutes ago, bjornpdx said:

I just downloaded v2.2 and it's 909,767KB file  .  Name of file is Scaler-2.2.0.pkg.

I don't think I've ever seen a .pkg  extension before so kinda leery clicking on it.   v2.1 was the standard  .exe file.

Isn't that a linux/android format?

16 minutes ago, ZincT said:

In your account there's a selector for win or mac versions. 

The selector always defaults to Mac now for some reason and I sometimes forget to change it back to Win before d/loading. Didn't used to be that way, so I guess they changed it for some reason. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, paulo said:

The selector always defaults to Mac now for some reason and I sometimes forget to change it back to Win before d/loading. Didn't used to be that way, so I guess they changed it for some reason. 

Yes I noticed that. Very annoying! 

If I had a pound for every time I downloaded the Mac version of plugins from PB.... 🙄

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, paulo said:

I was constantly downloading windows versions for my Mac for years because it used to default to PC no matter what I did.  Glad it’s now defaulting to Mac...hehe

CF64C255-BEEE-44F5-AC26-3F988BD83572.jpeg

• Haha 3