Waves Plugin for $5

Sander Verstraten

Congratulations! You just received a SECRET coupon for our $5 plugin deal, valid for 48 hours only! 

Which one of these world-renowned plugins will you choose to get at a once-in-a-lifetime discount? Choose from compression to modulation, delays, reverbs and even full channel strip plugins — see the list below. 

Use your personal code at checkout to receive one of these plugins for only $5: 

*Email code*

Hurry, this coupon is valid for 48 hours only! 

Choose one of these plugins 

for just $5 with your coupon: 

OneKnob Driver 

OneKnob Louder 

OneKnob Phatter 

OneKnob Wetter 

Eddie Kramer Effects Channel 

Eddie Kramer Bass Channel 

JJP Guitars 

C1 Compressor 

AudioTrack 

Trans-X 

SuperTap 

Waves Tune LT 

X-Hum 

Enigma 

IR-L Convolution Reverb

2 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Which one of these world-renowned plugins will you choose

If it were me and knowing what I know now, I would get one of these:

C1 - great transparent comp. It's still one I reach for when wanting to compress something real quick. Well laid out, simple to understand and operate.

Audio Track - I tried this one day on a whim and was floored at how good this plugin is. It's a channel strip, plain and simple. But it's a really good one!!

Honorable mention:

Enigma - You would have to play around with it to see what it can do. Don't let the old UI throw you off. LOTS of sounds can come from this plugin.

Wave Tune LT - I use Waves Tune regular version. You will be surprised at how well this works in pitch correction.

• Like 2

IR reverb was a freebie. It sounds quite good. But seems like an old plugin.

I was seriously looking at JJP Guitars a few weeks ago.

@Grem --- thanks i will check those out.

Has anyone used or uses X-hum? Any thoughts? Thats the only one I don't think I have a comparable FX of.

Edited by telecode 101

38 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

IR reverb was a freebie. It sounds quite good. But seems like an old plugin.

I was seriously looking at JJP Guitars a few weeks ago.

@Grem --- thanks i will check those out.

Has anyone used or uses X-hum? Any thoughts? Thats the only one I don't think I have a comparable FX of.

They are all "old" 

X-hum, you don't already have Izotope RX Elements?

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

i do. but want wondering if this would be easier of system resources as an insert in electric guitar track in DAW. to kill single coil hum  bit.

Not sure on the system resorces but never thought that one was crazy.  It has its own module so it isn't like loading Neutron and having multiple effects going.  The RX plugs have individual plugs.

2 hours ago, Grem said:

Yes they are, but they still work. And work very well.

@telecode 101

X-Hum I have used a little. Got good results I remember, but can't really say if it would do what you need

All are fugly and limited to one install.

Sure, they sound ok....but as I look down the list most of it is a "nah, I'd never use it" or having something else that was cheap/free that is just as good and not locked to a single machine.  But like I said in another post, maybe if you are new to the pluign world it is a good value.  Otherwise I tend to think it is throwing $5 for many of us.  

Edited by Brian Walton

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

All are fugly and limited to one install.

Sure, they sound ok....but as I look down the list most of it is a "nah, I'd never use it" or having something else that was cheap/free that is just as good and not locked to a single machine.  But like I said in another post, maybe if you are new to the pluign world it is a good value.  Otherwise I tend to think it is throwing $5 for many of us.  

i just finished comparing between RX elements dehum and Waves X-hum. So, to my ears, there is defiantly a difference between them when used as an insert before an amp sim. the Waves one sounds like it's warmer. I don't know if it's because it's more transparent and is not altering the signal that is going into the sim whereas the RX is altering the signal somehow. not sure as i am not an audio engineer.

I also demoed AudioTrack. It seems its the newes GUI of the bunch and maybe the most useful as Grem stated. Its also 192khz so supposedly future proof if you ever upgrade to recording at 192khz.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

Also the ^^'Locked to a single machine'^^ thing is bullshit, for starters any plugin you buy you get a 2nd license (sure it's only for 12 months while WUP is current, but re-WUP will fix that at the end, and it is a 2nd license) also you can install on as many machines as you like, just put your licenses on a USB drive and switch to what ever machine you like.

Keep WUP'd and you'll always have 2 licenses, most you'll pay is $240 a year, $4.61 a week, pffft.

Edited by Fret Flintstone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fret Flintstone said:

Also the ^^'Locked to a single machine'^^ thing is bullshit, for starters any plugin you buy you get a 2nd license (sure it's only for 12 months while WUP is current, but re-WUP will fix that at the end, and it is a 2nd license) also you can install on as many machines as you like, just put your licenses on a USB drive and switch to what ever machine you like.

Keep WUP'd and you'll always have 2 licenses, most you'll pay is $240 a year, $4.61 a week, pffft.

So you throw away $240 every year, when you could just buy plugins from someone else?  

WUP provides no actual value, outside of the plugin scaling that they should have implemented years ago (and is very poorly done, I might add) they haven't provided any real updates in a long time.  Certainly nothing worth paying for each year.  The system preys on the uneducated consumer and the unreliability of their own product.

I've got my licenses on a USB stick.  Moving them to a different computer every time I want to use it is a legitimate time wasting hassle, I don't have the extra USB port on the other computer when it is actually being use for music production, so I still have to launch WAVES Central, connect to the internet, transfer the seats to the computer, shut down the computer, go about my business then reverse the whole thing to get them back on the main machine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

i just finished comparing between RX elements dehum and Waves X-hum. So, to my ears, there is defiantly a difference between them when used as an insert before an amp sim. the Waves one sounds like it's warmer. I don't know if it's because it's more transparent and is not altering the signal that is going into the sim whereas the RX is altering the signal somehow. not sure as i am not an audio engineer.

Haven't run a test, but when my ears hear "warm" that is usually an indicator something isn't transparent as it is coloring the sound .

The question would be how does it compare when it is off?  If it is warmer than that, well...that isn't transparency you are hearing is coloration.  

These plugins should  just be a notch filter EQ at 60z and then the corresponding harmonic frequencies.  The more transparent ones will simply isolate those key bands (and not the surrounding ones).  60z isn't really in the guitar spectrum, but the harmonic ones are.