UVI Program 24 ( 49 quid ) .. for 80s fans

aidan o driscoll

https://www.uvi.net/program-24

Program 24 brings you the pure sound of '80s Italo Disco inspired by two wild synths nearly lost to time, the Solton Programmer 24 and SM100. The Programmer 24 is an unassuming 3-octave keyboard released in 1985, it contained everything necessary to produce complete arrangements, and real time performance features perfect for backing up the band. It sported a full 8-bit PCM drum section, analog bass and lead arpeggio with analog filters, violin, cello, and 3 flute voices (8', 4', 2'), a featured arranger, chord and pattern sequencers. To top it off, it had individual outputs for 8 drum parts and bass, full MIDI, and a tape interface for storage.

492893162_Solton-Programmer-24-analog-groovebox(1).jpg.b8c8c916170f9f8825137daadbf2d0bc.jpg

101990814_Solton-Programmer-24-analog-groovebox(4).jpg.557b275c9b3d164538ebb6dd77025c36.jpg

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Very tempting!!   😎

Thanks Aidan.

Yeah ... Im thinking about it. As i said here before, sucker for 80s stuff. 

A producer buddy of mine - Michael Anthony ( lived near Garretstown beach near lovely Kinsale ) had one of these and a few other Solton items, thats why the name stuck out to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Any one get this yet?

I got it but haven’t played with it yet.  Got a bottle of wine and stinky cheese to complement it while I explore it this weekend.  Also, will keep me occupied while I wait for 8GB of inspirata room pack to download for next 3 days hehe

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Yip  havent played with it yet but looking forward to it. That video really sells it. It is really unique and I love the fact you can drag drop the midi from it so as to use that midi with all your other VSTs, very creative me thinks

You can easily grab the drums MIDI. Program 24 does sound very nice in actual use.  I don’t think MIDI can be extracted natively from it for the non drums.  Correct me if I’m wrong.  Haven’t seen that available.  

But I have saved the audio out of a soloed track, changed that to MIDI via Melodyne, and then used that MIDI with another VST sound - just to see how that would work.  And it did.

• Great Idea 3

7 hours ago, kevin H said:

I got it but haven’t played with it yet.  Got a bottle of wine and stinky cheese to complement it while I explore it this weekend.  Also, will keep me occupied while I wait for 8GB of inspirata room pack to download for next 3 days hehe

ahahah so 80 's that you get the 80's type of internet speed lol (only availlabe in the army by the way lol )

Edited by Zo
  • Haha 2

On 12/12/2020 at 4:11 AM, Zo said:

By the way can we play each drum hits or we have to stick with a whole pattern ?

Well the beauty of whole Drum parts Midi in one track ( bass drum, snare, hihat etc ) is each part is on a separate "line" where you can say duplicate a midi drum track for snare, bass drum, hihat etc then go into each one and delete the midi for the other parts leaving just the snare, bass drum, hihat parts. Very fast procedure 

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 10:40 PM, aidan o driscoll said:

Yip  havent played with it yet but looking forward to it. That video really sells it. It is really unique and I love the fact you can drag drop the midi from it so as to use that midi with all your other VSTs, very creative me thinks

You can ONLY drag and drop the midi for the drum track within the program 24 plugin. So the midi drum lines are the separated out midi data. However it is not the same for any of the other instruments. Pressing A note plays a whole arpeggio and CW records just that note press and not the individual notes that make up the arpeggio. I hope that next update or so of PROGRAM 24 has a bit more on the midi front