Soniccouture Free Hammersmith Model D Grand Piano

Arjan M

3 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

Am looking forward to trying this out!

Anybody able to comment on how the full version compares to other recent-ish Steinways (e.g., VSL; Simple Sam)?

The Hammersmith (Pro) has been considered one of the best VST Piano's out there.  Obviously that's subjective,
but that's "from reviews"

• Like 1

Confirmed it works with the free Player.

Sounds very nice, though I'd expect most people to use external controls for all sound tweaks other than the velocity curves and the options are limited and those that are there are I'll say limiting.  

I'm not someone with a crazy amount of pianos...sure I have a few.  But given how space intensive they have gotten over the years, I tend not to install that many.

Yeah, they make great sample libraries, and this piano sounds excellent. I just bought my son a gaming PC and I've been loading him up with free VSTs and open format sample libraries and it's amazing how many really nice VSTs and sample libraries you can get for free these days. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

it's amazing how many really nice VSTs and sample libraries you can get for free these days. 

^This.  The freebies these days are amazing.

Everyone do yourself a favor and download the free Music Boxes as well.  It's lovely.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

OK!!  I give up. I have spent hours trying to get free Kontakt player to find Hammersmith and it keeps saying the library is not installed tho it plays fine in the standalone version. Whats the secret???

I had the same problem. Tried on 2 computers, no result (and I used Kontakt, not the player). Now I have found out the clue: Hammersmith requires Kontakt/player 6.2! (I have only Kontakt 5.81).

The message of Kontakt that it belongs to a library that is not installed (when I want to open the instrument) is very confusing! 😝 Why the hell can they not tell the true reason?

1 hour ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

I am running 6.2.4 free player!!! Runs fine in standalone but no love in the vst plugin in cake!!!

Are you saying it's still buggy after the release of version 6.2 ?? Oh come on, I was on a big hope they would be already past the problems with bugs by now :(. I'm still on v6.1 and no single problem whatsoever... just can't use few of the most recent libraries.

On 12/9/2020 at 3:25 PM, antler said:

I'm guessing this one's always free. There's a Hammersmith Pro, which is currently £89.50 (usual price £179)

https://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/26-percussion/g49-the-hammersmith/

I believe this was the Original Hammersmith Standard, which was $99, because that is now not 
available since they have released this.

The Pro Version is currently on sale for $119.50....half price

43 minutes ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

I had to update the player before I could install Hammersmith just this morning!! The piano installed fine and I noticed in the installation instructions that they stress to install in the standalone version only. I am now wondering if they have blocked the use of the library in the vst plugin!!

Got it, thanks! I first thought you was saying about issues running Kontakt in Cakewalk... 🤡

46 minutes ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

I had to update the player before I could install Hammersmith just this morning!! The piano installed fine and I noticed in the installation instructions that they stress to install in the standalone version only. I am now wondering if they have blocked the use of the library in the vst plugin!!

No it works. I'm running the most recent Kontakt and I'm able to use it in Cakewalk as a VST.