TEMPO and MARKER views in Millisecond format?

Simeon Amburgey

I am working with an application that needs to have Tempo map and Marker indicator placement in MILLISECOND format, is this possible?
When I open the Tempo and Marker views I am only seeing HR:M:Sc:Fr

Also even though you can have a Millisecond Ruler in the timeline, I am not sure how to get that information when it coincides with a Marker or Tempo change.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Simeon Amburgey

I don't use this, but I can see how having an option to display milliseconds with the markers would save an awful lot of time zooming in and out.

image.png.c465d6e0d0cd9dc4140b75180d0de604.png

PS: In case its not clear, instead of cycling through the different time formats, I just added all three, went to the marker, and zoomed all the way in.  Maybe others with more experience than I have can suggest an easier way.  I was just curious and decided to take a quick look.

Edited by User 905133
to add a PS
  • Like 2

Easier way to see two formats at the same time:

image.png.49746782ca4152874ed88d6a3145f9ce.png

Would the suggestion made here help?  (The following is from a test I did a few months back. I didn't check, but the second field looks like milliseconds.)

1, 1900673, Marker_t, "She told me when I was young"
1, 1905040, Marker_t, "that when I was born my father was very disappointed I wasn't a son . . ."
1, 1914994, Marker_t, "one of the first things I remember about her . . ."
1, 1925203, Marker_t, "{clearing throat}"
1, 1926553, Marker_t, "My father always wanted a son and my mother couldn't get pregnant."
1, 1995840, Marker_t, ". . . and she had all kinds of tests done . . ."
1, 2007600, Marker_t, ". . . and she couldn't conceive."

Edited by User 905133
to add a sample of the output
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I don't use this, but I can see how having an option to display milliseconds with the markers would save an awful lot of time zooming in and out.

image.png.c465d6e0d0cd9dc4140b75180d0de604.png

PS: In case its not clear, instead of cycling through the different time formats, I just added all three, went to the marker, and zoomed all the way in.  Maybe others with more experience than I have can suggest an easier way.  I was just curious and decided to take a quick look.

I've got to admit that when I saw the visual my first thought was the dial face of a 50's era Grundig radio.  😲  grundig-tube-radio-dial-glass-face_1_307

Edited by Jim Fogle
  • Like 1