Demo Projects

Darinador

Hello,

I'm trying to find a demo project for Cakewalk, but it looks like there's no new or up-to-date available However, I found something for X3, which could work?

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013323/SONAR-X3-Demo-Javier-Colon-Jimmy-Landry-These-Arms

However, it looks like its not possible to login to download, as I don't have an account here, and its not possible to create a new one. Is there anywhere else one could get a hold of this - or, somewhere I might have missed that hosts Cakewalk demo projects.

It would be great to have a look at how others have setup and worked with a project. Mostly interested in acoustic audio projects, guitars, piano, drums, vocals and such.

14 hours ago, Darinador said:

Hello,

I'm trying to find a demo project for Cakewalk, but it looks like there's no new or up-to-date available However, I found something for X3, which could work?

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013323/SONAR-X3-Demo-Javier-Colon-Jimmy-Landry-These-Arms

However, it looks like its not possible to login to download, as I don't have an account here, and its not possible to create a new one. Is there anywhere else one could get a hold of this - or, somewhere I might have missed that hosts Cakewalk demo projects.

It would be great to have a look at how others have setup and worked with a project. Mostly interested in acoustic audio projects, guitars, piano, drums, vocals and such.

Hello Darinador,

the demo you found is a really great one. It's professionally made by Jimmy Landry especially for Sonar X3.

To run it in its full extend you need several plugins which are currently not available for CbB

(only Sonar X3 Producer / Platinum owners may have installed them):

Lounge Lizard Session 4 (Synth Rack)
Dimension Pro (Synth Rack)
Dimension Pro (Synth Rack)
Rapture (Synth Rack)
LP-64 Multiband (Bus: 'Master')
LP-64 EQ (Bus: 'Master')
BT BrickWall BW2S-3 (Bus: 'Master')
TS-64 Transient Shaper (Track: 'Jav 4033a')
BT Compressor CP2S-3 (Track: 'Ld Takes')
BT Compressor CP2S-3 (Track: 'JL E Gtr 1')
biFilter2 (Track: 'Dimension Pro 1 Primary Output: Stereo')
BT BrickWall BW2S-3 (Bus: 'DRUM MASTER')
BT Compressor CP2S-3 (Bus: 'DRUMS CMPRSS')
BT Limiter LM2S-3 (Bus: 'BASS BUS')
BT Limiter LM2S-3 (Bus: 'AC GTRS')
BlueVerb DRV-2080 (Bus: 'AC Verb 1')
BT Analog Chorus CH2S-3 (Bus: 'Gtr Fx 1')
BT Tempo Delay DL3D-3 (Bus: 'Gtr Fx 2')
BT Analog Phaser APH2S-3 (Bus: 'Gtr Fx 2')
BT Stereo Imager ST2S-3 (Bus: 'Gtr Fx 2')
BT Analog Chorus CH2S-3 (Bus: 'Modulation')
BT Limiter LM2S-3 (Bus: 'LEAD VOX')
BT Analog Chorus CH2S-3 (Bus: 'Vox FX 1')

In the cwp file you will find a bounced version to hear what's going on, but I don't know if this would really help you...

Best regards

Edited by michheld

Ya that's the problem, I've got lots of projects and almost all of mine are like what the OP is after,,but, they don't use what's available in CbB. Also it's not easy to upload a 600MB project with all the audio. I guess you could zip it but I've never done that. 

With the start screen open, there should be a list of Demo Projects at the bottom. Chernobyl Studios Withered Moments, Geoff Manchester Virtue, Sophia Jane Living For Now and True Sound Studios Happy Go Lucky.
I can't say if they are new or if you have ever seen them, though.

Edited by 57Gregy
Misspelled 'though'.

There are no Demos on my start screen. I think those were part of the old Sonar. I always unchecked that box during install anyhoo. 

If you have those (and the OP ever responds back)  you can just post the CWP for them. Not sure but if they contain audio you would then need the audio folder too. 

• 3 years later...
On 12/10/2020 at 6:21 AM, John Vere said:

There are no Demos on my start screen. I think those were part of the old Sonar. I always unchecked that box during install anyhoo. 

If you have those (and the OP ever responds back)  you can just post the CWP for them. Not sure but if they contain audio you would then need the audio folder too. 

Cakewalk by Bandlab has demo projects, perhaps you forgot to tick them when you installed it. Click on "Help - Check for Updates", there will be a pop-up window indicating that you can install the Demo Projects.

屏幕截图 2024-03-23 142303.png

微信图片_20240323141200.png

Edited by YongZS 永值生

On 12/10/2020 at 5:32 AM, 57Gregy said:

With the start screen open, there should be a list of Demo Projects at the bottom. Chernobyl Studios Withered Moments, Geoff Manchester Virtue, Sophia Jane Living For Now and True Sound Studios Happy Go Lucky.
I can't say if they are new or if you have ever seen them, though.

Excuse me. I can’t find the Demo Projects list at the start screen. Where is it? 😂

A3ADF4EE-674D-46A0-BA43-2869D0B3E2C8.png

as part of the install process - did you select the cakewalk content / demo installation? if not, go ahead and run that. if you did, check in the content folder:

C:\Cakewalk Content\Demo Projects

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, YongZS 永值生 said:

Excuse me. I can’t find the Demo Projects list at the start screen. Where is it? 😂

A3ADF4EE-674D-46A0-BA43-2869D0B3E2C8.png

As I wrote almost 4 years ago, the demoes I had then may have come from an installation of an earlier Cakewalk product and not Cakewalk by Bandlab. Sorry.
And welcome to the forum.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 3:38 AM, 57Gregy said:

As I wrote almost 4 years ago, the demoes I had then may have come from an installation of an earlier Cakewalk product and not Cakewalk by Bandlab. Sorry.
And welcome to the forum.

It's my fault, Cakewalk by Bandlab has demo projects, but I forgot to tick them when I installed it.😂

Now I've installed the Demo Projects.

微信图片_20240323141200.png

微信图片_20240323141205.png

微信图片_20240323141250.png

On 12/10/2020 at 6:21 AM, John Vere said:

我的開始螢幕上沒有演示。我認為這些是舊聲納的一部分。我總是在安裝anyhoo期間取消選中該框。

如果您有這些(並且 OP 會回復),您可以為它們發佈 CWP。不確定,但如果它們包含音訊,那麼您也需要音訊資料夾。

On 12/9/2020 at 3:38 AM, Darinador said:

Hello,

Cakewalk by Bandlab has official demo projects, perhaps you forgot to tick them when you installed it. Click on "Help - Check for Updates", there will be a pop-up window indicating that you can install the Demo Projects.

屏幕截图 2024-03-23 142303.png

微信图片_20240323141200.png

• Like 1