Arturia V Collection 8 and Analog Lab V (not a deal)

ZincT

17 minutes ago, simon said:

have you managed to get through to the licence server ?

No, it's still running in demo mode as it cannot get through. I can see the license in my account just can't sync. I will try again later. 

3 minutes ago, ZincT said:

No, it's still running in demo mode as it cannot get through. I can see the license in my account just can't sync. I will try again later. 

I'm just about ready to give up for today.

Did you check all the great videos on the arturia site - with tutorials etc.

Looks/sounds amazing 

https://www.arturia.com/products/v-collection-8/resources

I also pulled trigger at $149.  Also have ob-xa.  I usually wait until it’s $99 for upgrade but prob won’t see that for a while.  I’m already in denial about all the black friday spending.  So what’s one more. Eating is overrated hehe

5 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Well, well, well. 
Cheeky Arturia. 
Got upgraded from Analog Lab 4’s 6500+ presets to Analog Lab V’s 2000+. That’s one third. Serious downgrade. 

Thanks for the heads up.

Guess I'll just wait for the dust to settle before I bother updating my Arturia 7 (again)...

1 minute ago, Fleer said:

Yep. Still, size has grown from 1,4Gb to 2Gb but presets went from 6800 to 2400. 

I wondered why they no longer advertised the number on startup like they did in AL4. At least you can still run AL4.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Does the lower number of presets in AL5 apply if you own the v8 suite as opposed to only AL5?
Just wondering if Arturia is rebalancing AL5 so you get 'bonus' presets when you own the synths or suite.

That would make a lot more sense TS. 

4 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Does the lower number of presets in AL5 apply if you own the v8 suite as opposed to only AL5?
Just wondering if Arturia is rebalancing AL5 so you get 'bonus' presets when you own the synths or suite.

Just guessing that it's something along those lines. AL4 had a teaser selection of presets from the then "new" synths that were not included in V Collection 7.

One example, Pigments. There were a few presets for that in AL4, but didn't get them all until I bought the full Pigments.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, abacab said:

Just guessing that it's something along those lines. AL4 had a teaser selection of presets from the then "new" synths that were not included in V Collection 7.

One example, Pigments. There were a few presets for that in AL4, but didn't get them all until I bought the full Pigments.

Also interesting: AL4 had only a few (11 or so) Pigments presets while AL5 has some 160. 

3 minutes ago, simon said:

you can still use AL 4 - so you haven't lost anything 

Not if you don't have AL4. I was waiting for the black Keylab 88 which they have already priced considerably more than the white version, but with that and now a considerably downgraded AL I will be very much re-thinking that.