Arturia V Collection 8 and Analog Lab V (not a deal)

ZincT

I have Version 7 and it showed no updates and no analog V. After reading Matthew Sorrel's comment I uninstalled my Software Center and reinstalled the latest download and not only did analog V show up but virtually ALL my version 7 products had updates that never showed in the previous installation of the software center!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ron Stranghoener said:

I have Version 7 and it showed no updates and no analog V. After reading Matthew Sorrel's comment I uninstalled my Software Center and reinstalled the latest download and not only did analog V show up but virtually ALL my version 7 products had updates that never showed in the previous installation of the software center!

my ASC auot-updated itself when I booted it up to download v8 - plus it showed a load of V7 updates.  I'd actually checked yesterday morning and they weren't there then.

47 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

A question for all you V7 people who have upgraded just the plugins i.e. not updated their suites to v8 - everything cool with the update? No new issues? Old presets working OK?

the upgrades for the V7 are the same updates in v8 - they showed in both the V7 AND V8 section of the ASC.  And everything 'seems' to be working just fine.

The Stage 73 mk 2 is a totally new plug so it keeps the V1 there for legacy reasons...and sounds great

Just installed analog Lab 5 and the updates to version 7All seems to be well.  The Mellotron however is suffering with download failures in ASC, if it does not resolve its self I will do a manual download tomorrow.

12000+ presets showing in Analog Lab 5. Seriously 12K? It would be quicker to learn to program the synths than audition that lot!  Fortunately the browser has decent selection filters.

Some warnings about the new effects and if you save a preset it may not backwards compatible.

Edited by Vernon Barnes

1 hour ago, fitzroy said:

Follow up: haven't heard back from Arturia, but they seem to have worked out the problem, AL V is now active in ASC (alongside AL IV). So if you've had similar issues, give it another go. 

@fitzroyYou are correct! Checking in with ASC, the AL V is appearing as activated now! No more demo.

According to 'My Products' on the Arturia site AL V has apparently been bundled in with my AL 4 license!

Thank you Arturia!

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 1:43 PM, TheSteven said:

A question for all you V7 people who have upgraded just the plugins i.e. not updated their suites to v8 - everything cool with the update? No new issues? Old presets working OK?

i just updated on my system. I haven't noticed any issues. But the new AL 5 is a little slower than AL 4 on my setup.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I finally got the new updates.

Total presents in AL 4 - 8529
Total presents in AL V - 8508

I doubt I will notice the difference. I am not sure I like this new spotifyish interface. I guess I need to still play around with it a bit.

I guess you have the V Collection presets. Otherwise your AL5 would be at 2000. 

I only have AL4 and Pigments 2. It shows both AL4 and AL5 in the Arturia Software Center. But when I install AL5 it says Demo and it wont even activate. I only however have AL4 as my registered product on their website. Is AL5 supposed to be a free upgrade or did they just decide to showcase it in the plugin manager so people can check out? 

13 hours ago, Hillmy said:

I only have AL4 and Pigments 2. It shows both AL4 and AL5 in the Arturia Software Center. But when I install AL5 it says Demo and it wont even activate. I only however have AL4 as my registered product on their website. Is AL5 supposed to be a free upgrade or did they just decide to showcase it in the plugin manager so people can check out? 

AL5 was added to my AL4 license, automatically. It is activated. Update the ASC and let it re-sync your license. If that doesn't work, contact their support.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, abacab said:

AL5 was added to my AL4 license, automatically. It is activated. Update the ASC and let it re-sync your license. If that doesn't work, contact their support.

My fault was probably downloading it right after release and before ASC update. ASC got updated and a few days have gone by since I last tried, so when I installed it, it activated automatically like there never was a problem to begin with, lol.

• Like 2