Arturia V Collection 8 and Analog Lab V (not a deal)

ZincT

The V6 to V7 upgrade was intro priced at $199 (marked down from $299) but they later did drop it to $99.  You might have seen a better intro deal if you bought some of the synths they added before the next collection?  Like now it's $199 for people that didn't buy the OBXa and $149 for them.

image.png.b8bb74b35e80687bd3d39cf7ac03c888.png

Edited by Matthew Sorrels
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fitzroy said:

Any of you encounter any problems activating AL V? I installed it along AL IV, ASC now shows the 2 installed Labs but also a "not all products are activated" label. Reactivating the license doesn't do anything, Reinstalling it doesn't help either. AL V works in demo-mode only. So my AL 4 now 'contains 2 products', but only the AL 4 license is active. 

Yup, same here. AL V shows up as a "bundle" with AL 4 in ASC, but when installed it will not activate, only runs as a demo. ASC only shows a license for AL 4.

Checked my Arturia account, only see a license for AL 4. AL V is apparently a paid upgrade for AL 4 users.

Edited by abacab

4 minutes ago, abacab said:

Yup, same here. AL V shows up as a "bundle" with AL 4 in ASC, but when installed it will not activate, only runs as a demo. ASC only shows a license for AL 4.

Checked my Arturia account, only see a license for AL 4. AL V is apparently a paid upgrade for AL 4 users.

Given that it showed as an update in ASC, and that others have activated it successfully, it's likely a glitch. I wrote to Arturia, will post here when I get some feedback. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ZincT said:

I just checked and ALV actually has 4166 presets...

Whereas AL4 has 8679...

When I click on the "Factory" bank in AL 4 it shows 7496 presets. I assume the extras must be from the full Pigments "Factory" bank.

AL V "Factory" shows 2397 presets.

Some upgrade... I say no...no...no... 😉

Edit: all fixed now. AL V is bundled & activated with my AL 4 license! Thanks Arturia! Nice Freebie... 😁

Edited by abacab
  • Haha 2

I had a bunch of problems downloading the updates with the Arturia Software Center.  I ended up going to the site and downloading the Software Center installer and re-installing it.  Oddly enough this install was different (it didn't up itself correctly maybe) and the downloads went without a problem.  The version of this better one, in the lower left corner, is 2.2.0.62.

18 minutes ago, abacab said:

Actually not even an upgrade price available. Only the full version of AL V at $199. 🙄

Edited by abacab
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Canopus said:

Yes, but that was clearly a Black Friday deal as well and not the price at release. V Collection 7 was released on April 25th, 2019 (link).

That would make sense.  Not sure why I am wound up about this, can't afford it anyway.

5 hours ago, simon said:

not in front of my PC at the moment but my AL5 said around 11,000 presets and I haven't bought any extra from the store - I just grabbed the free ones when they were available.

(probably can put those pitchforks and flaming torches back in the cupboard for a bit?)

All V Collection 8 presets transfer to Analog Lab V. If you don’t have VC8 or any preset banks, your AL5 will have some 2000 presets. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, rasure said:

I was a little disappointed at first glace of ALv5, but after watching the overview video, it`s not so bad.

I hear you homie , but i expect more for a "new version" than a "it`s not so bad" , you know what i mean ;) 

Just now, SmokeyJ628 said:

But I only have V Collection 6, not the latest.

Strange indeed. I have VC4 but my AL5 has only some 2000 ...

Maybe if some of your V Collection instruments are up to date, their presets get added? 

Also, if you bought separate instruments, like Pigments, you'll see their presets added to your Analog Lab.

3 hours ago, fitzroy said:

Given that it showed as an update in ASC, and that others have activated it successfully, it's likely a glitch. I wrote to Arturia, will post here when I get some feedback. 

Follow up: haven't heard back from Arturia, but they seem to have worked out the problem, AL V is now active in ASC (alongside AL IV). So if you've had similar issues, give it another go. 

• Thanks 1