Arturia V Collection 8 and Analog Lab V (not a deal)

ZincT

I just realized that the reason I haven’t won any Grammys is because I’ve been using analog lab 4 presets with terrible quality all this time.  No wonder. I deleted all my songs that use analog  lab 4.  Awards season here I come ....

6A3F135F-F94A-4A86-A677-C60F701337E7.jpeg

• Haha 4

They must like me better, cuz when I upgrade I'm gettin' 10,000 presets!
image.png.5a9eb689cc5955382d35ab71b49732f4.png

from: https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/v-collection/overview#en

But really
it's odd that Arturia's web site says 10,000 presets (in multiple places) while they've said
>Analog Lab V now contains by default around 2000 presets

'by default' does that mean Analog Lab V without the v8 plugs?
or are they counting every add-on library they sell as part of that 10k?

God I hate ambiguous specs and advertising.
Inquiring minds want to know!

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also, I just checked the store and noticed that I own 26 expansion packs in AL4 but only 20 in ALV.

The ones I own that are missing in ALV are:

Kraft Tribute
Tangerine Tribute
Ambient Soundscapes
Iconic Vibration
Dark Ambient
Past to the Future

Maybe some didn't make the "quality" grade?

Edited by ZincT
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Also, I just checked the store and noticed that I own 26 expansion packs in AL4 but only 20 in ALV.

The ones I own that are missing in ALV are:

Kraft Tribute
Tangerine Tribute
Ambient Soundscapes
Iconic Vibration
Dark Ambient
Past to the Future

Maybe some didn't make the "quality" grade?

I don't have all those packs but 

Dark ambient

Past to the future 

are both showing in my ALV

plus (I think?) all my other AL4 packs....

The store is showing as blank and non of my packs have 'icon's in ALV so I think there are still some server issues....licencing worked ok though, early this a.m.

• Thanks 1

not in front of my PC at the moment but my AL5 said around 11,000 presets and I haven't bought any extra from the store - I just grabbed the free ones when they were available.

(probably can put those pitchforks and flaming torches back in the cupboard for a bit?)

• Like 1

I suspect a change in the preset format has happend ( to incorporate new features ?????)

When they went from 3 to 4 (I think) they released a small program that converted to old presets for use in the new version.  

It seems a bit confusing at the moment what's happening. I would be more concerned if the older presets were no longer useable in the individual synths, which also happend when the format changed.

1 hour ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I suspect a change in the preset format has happend ( to incorporate new features ?????)

When they went from 3 to 4 (I think) they released a small program that converted to old presets for use in the new version.  

It seems a bit confusing at the moment what's happening. I would be more concerned if the older presets were no longer useable in the individual synths, which also happend when the format changed.

^^ this is what I am concerned about too.but that shouldn't be the case.  the updates to the synths are to enable them to be used in ALV I think.

35 minutes ago, husker said:

Maybe, maybe not.  I was asking if the historical upgrade price was $99, which now seems to be $199.

The last time Arturia offered an upgrade to a newly released version of V Collection for $99/€99 seems to have been in 2016. Since then the upgrade price at release time has always been $199/€199.

4-5 $99/€99 (2016): http://forum.cakewalk.com/Arturia-V-Collection-Special-Offers-m3515043.aspx

5-6 $199/€199 (2017): http://forum.cakewalk.com/ARTURIA-V-Collection-5-owners-Updates-available-go-get-Also-VC-6-is-out-m3703671.aspx

6-7 $199/€199 (2019): https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/3322-arturia-v-collection-7-announced/

Any of you encounter any problems activating AL V? I installed it along AL IV, ASC now shows the 2 installed Labs but also a "not all products are activated" label. Reactivating the license doesn't do anything, Reinstalling it doesn't help either. AL V works in demo-mode only. So my AL 4 now 'contains 2 products', but only the AL 4 license is active. 

1 minute ago, fitzroy said:

Any of you encounter any problems activating AL V? I installed it along AL IV, ASC now shows the 2 installed Labs but also a "not all products are activated" label. Reactivating the license doesn't do anything, Reinstalling it doesn't help either. AL V works in demo-mode only. So my AL 4 now 'contains 2 products', but only the AL 4 license is active. 

I had to hit the synchronize button (bottom left)  in Arturia Software Center for the licenses to be updated even though it it supposed to synchronize on startup.

Just now, fitzroy said:

Yeah, tried that too. But thanks 🙂

Ah Ok.  :( 

There was a popup from ALV about registering that happened when I first offline installed it . Assume you have tried clicking on that, although it didn't work for me but that was when the Arturia site was under heavy load.

1 minute ago, ZincT said:

Ah Ok.  :( 

There was a popup from ALV about registering that happened when I first offline installed it . Assume you have tried clicking on that, although it didn't work for me but that was when the Arturia site was under heavy load.

It might be a glitch in their system as they roll out new stuff. Otherwise the interface wouldn't be broken (reactivating should either fail or succeed). Does your AL 5 license show in your Arturia account (not ASC) under 'My Products'? 

8 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

It might be a glitch in their system as they roll out new stuff. Otherwise the interface wouldn't be broken (reactivating should either fail or succeed). Does your AL 5 license show in your Arturia account (not ASC) under 'My Products'? 

Yes it is listed along with AL4 which was bundled with my Arturia keyboard. 

467300333_ArturiaLic.thumb.jpg.43efdf1a9bfdfd2b84d20c9dec677cb4.jpg

Edited by ZincT

Thanks!

It's definitely a glitch. The latest version of ASC also doesn't work properly (I can only resize it down, so right-side content is truncated). And on top of that, it auto-updates (that's Arturia saying 'our releases are so good, you'll never have to revert'). Well... 😉

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

The last time Arturia offered an upgrade to a newly released version of V Collection for $99/€99 seems to have been in 2016. Since then the upgrade price at release time has always been $199/€199.

4-5 $99/€99 (2016): http://forum.cakewalk.com/Arturia-V-Collection-Special-Offers-m3515043.aspx

5-6 $199/€199 (2017): http://forum.cakewalk.com/ARTURIA-V-Collection-5-owners-Updates-available-go-get-Also-VC-6-is-out-m3703671.aspx

6-7 $199/€199 (2019): https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/3322-arturia-v-collection-7-announced/

Interesting.  Oddly enough, I can look in My Arturia on their actual site to see what I paid:

At some point prior to 2018, I bought the V Collection 5 off of KVR

On 11/24/18 - I paid $99 to upgrade 5-6 - if 6 came out in 2017, then that was clearly a  Black Friday deal.

image.png.a0a4f1b7bcfce8a1e4707558a928eb28.png

However

On 11/20/2019 - I paid $99 to upgrade from 6 to 7.  

image.png.e202bf16a0def999dfbf163e277ce686.png

image.png

Edited by husker