Arturia V Collection 8 and Analog Lab V (not a deal)

ZincT

V Collection 8 -- https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/v-collection/overview#en

Analog Lab V  -- https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/analoglab-v/resources 

Analog Lab V -- Direct Download Link (to avoid slowly navigating there) -- https://downloads.arturia.net/products/analoglab-v/soft/Analog_Lab_V__5_0_0_1195.exe 

Review from Creative Sauce 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

are you on VCol 7?

Yip and TBH i am getting a bit weiry of the Arturia stuff and the load speeds of same and the resources it eats.

I am now spoilt by the Cherry Audio standalone synths recently, thats how the Arturia stuff should be?

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 2

I have to admit that I rarely used the individual instruments and found Analog Lab a better option while still offering all the presets from every instrument. 

So I held onto Analog Lab and Pigments and sold VC 6 on KVR in the summer. I haven't missed it once. 

I put the money towards new individual super synths (Dune 3, Rapid, VPS Avenger, Diva, Omnisphere etc) 

Oh and I also did the same as Aidan for some old Analog flavours with the Cherry Audio offerings (which I really like along with their VM stuff). 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Have you upgraded? 

Yeah .. real slow doing vcol7 updates

I disengaged the brain and pressed buy 

the whole collection is showing updates - there are about 20 of them and I'm 5% through the first one after 10 minutes.....sigh

2 minutes ago, simon said:

I disengaged the brain and pressed buy 

the whole collection is showing updates - there are about 20 of them and I'm 5% through the first one after 10 minutes.....sigh

Aha your it .. our guinea pig :D

See what improvements 8 brings to usability and all that 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Aha your it .. our guinea pig :D

See what improvements 8 brings to usability and all that 

I've never had a problem with usabilty/cpu with v7* - in fact they are my go-to synths.  It's the extra synths I'm after....can't have to many ? (don't answer that!)

*disclaimer - I did get hit by a bug in cubase when V7 first came out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simon said:

I've never had a problem with usabilty/cpu with v7* - in fact they are my go-to synths.  It's the extra synths I'm after....can't have to many ? (don't answer that!)

*disclaimer - I did get hit by a bug in cubase when V7 first came out.

I am comparing against the Cherry Audio stuff and to an extent the AAS stuff. And you can load multiple versions in a project w/o crippling system. I cannot really do that with Arturia stuff.

Core i5, 16GB Ram, 2TB Hybrid Drive

• Like 1