Softube Central and many plugins Updated

cclarry

Just tried the ProChannel version of all the Softube plugins and it still crashes when added to a track.  They updated everything I had (all of Volume 4) but no fixes for the broken ProChannel support.

Here's the change log for 2.5.9:

Version 2.5.9

This release contains a lot of bug fixes for all products. 

All products

Scanning of sub-plug-ins are done in the background resolving into shorter loading times for platform plugins such as Modular and Amp Room.

RAM memory usage has been improved in all plug-ins. 

Fixed a critical issue in the next upcoming macOS Big Sur. Note that Softube plugins are still not fully qualified for Big Sur and this therefore does not guarantee compatibility. 

Scanning of plug-ins have been improved and made less prone to crash. 

Fixed an issue where the relative size of all VU-meters needles changed depending on if the plug-in was displayed on a high-resolution screen or a low-resolution screen.  

Improved the shift/alt/ctrl functionality in Softube plug-ins in macOS.

Improved shift + drag functionality on Windows.

Improved the plugin GUI loading and made it less prone to crash. Has seen improvements in Ableton Live and Reaper.

Mutronics Mutator, OTO Biscuit 8-bit Effects, Passive-Active Pack, Summit Audio EQF-100, Summit Audio Grand Channel, Summit Audio TLA-100A, Tonelux Tilt and Tilt Live, Transient Shaper, Trident A-range

Added high resolution GUI resources. 

Amp Room

Added 4 rooms to the RoomIR module. 

Removed A/B states functionality due to future feature improvement.

Fixed a crash when using the software renderer (OpenGL off) in Amp Room.

Fixed a rare occurrence where cabs become invisible in parallel paths. 

Console 1 / Console 1 Fader / Console 1 On-Screen Display

Added new "emulated touch" mode for Console 1 Fader. This should help users who have had problems with physical faders detecting touch indefinitely since they can now continue to use their Console 1 Fader without rebooting the Fader unit. For more information look in the Console 1 Fader manual.

Resolved an issue that could cause the UA console to crash when using Apollo Central.

Resolved a minor memory leak in the Console 1 On-Screen Display.

Fixed an issue which created a banner saying that "the OSD is already running" on Windows.

Fixed the scaling of the Console 1 logo when booting up the Console 1 On-Screen Display on macOS.

Resolved an issue where UAD LA3A and UAD 1176 could not be loaded in Console 1.

Amp Room, Eden WT800, Kerry King Signature, Marshall Bluesbreaker 1962, Marshall Cabinet Collection, Marshall JMP 2203, Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555

Fixed an issue where audio processing becomes noisy and crackling when the plugin was used together with odd buffer sizes.

Modular / Vermona Random Rhythm

Resolved a Modular crash when browsing presets with the Vermona RR module in Ableton Live.

Fixed a rare occurrence where the Vermona RR module send out double triggers.

Parallels for Modular

Fixed a bug were the GUI and the output of the euclidean sequencer can show different things.

Preset Collection

Fixed a graphic glitch in Preset Collection on Windows which could occur when opening the plug-in window a second time.

Weiss EQ1

Fixed an issue with latency reporting in Wavelab which would create problems when bouncing tracks.

Edited by Matthew Sorrels
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Just tried the ProChannel version of all the Softube plugins and it still crashes when added to a track.  They updated everything I had (all of Volume 4) but no fixes for the broken ProChannel support.

Here's the change log for 2.5.9:

Thanks, I think the pro-channel support is probably gone for ever. 

Something weird is happening here at the moment, I manually updated Central but it can't connect. I will do what the error message says and try later. There are some glitches on my Internet connection today, so it may be that.

46 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Just tried the ProChannel version of all the Softube plugins and it still crashes when added to a track.

Thus I will skip these updates, most is anyway for macOS ...

And I never used Softube Central, always used the single installers! Whenever possible I avoid those central installer programs, they do a lot of s... on your systems. One strange thing with all of them: Each time when you want to update, you lose a lot of time waiting until the installer program has been updated. 😆

For me after Softube Central updated every time I started it, it insisted on installing/re-installing the Softube Installation Helper.  Like it couldn't tell it was actually already installed.  To fix this I had to manually uninstall the Softube Installation Helper from the Control Panel and download its stand alone installer from Softube and run that (outside of Softube Central).

https://www.softube.com/installer-windows

I think using the auto/internal update on Softube Central doesn't work so well.  You might need to unistall both parts and download and install them again.

Edited by Matthew Sorrels

8 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Uninstalled and reinstalled and was still unable to connect. It appears that Windows firewall may have been blocking Softube central. I added it to the allowed list and its all working fine. It was never a problem before.

I’m on MAC and seeing same. I tried reinstalling and didnt work.  Will try some of the other suggestions.