Sonokinetic's 12 Days of Christmas Sale Has Begun!

Reid Rosefelt

24 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Maximo is nice (for a phrases library).  I think the first freebie will totally break their website.

Yeah, I have no illusions about my chances of grabbing it, this year. I was getting gateway errors on the site within seconds of the countdown clock hitting zero. 

I get the whole excitement of queuing for a free gift thing, but I think it's a bit weird that Sonokinetic are effectively asking to get DDoS-ed by legitimate customers hoping for a freebie. You would think they would either massively scale their web servers, or just lottery-email 500 (or however many) licenses to people who sign up.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

So when is the free thing offered? I'm following the thread but that's not clear to me. Something about the last few minutes of the countdown clock? 

We don't know...it could be on any one of the 12 days, or even not at all...

It's a crap shoot!

Everyday for the next 11 days (day 1 already happened) at 11am Eastern Sonokinetic will put up a new daily offer (each good for two days, I think).

https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale

In the past at least one of the daily offers was for a free Kontakt Player instrument (so no need for full Kontakt).  So it's very likely at least one of the 12 days will have another freebie.  But the number of free licenses is limited (last year they gave out 1000) and first come, first served.  The second day's offering is considered likely for the first free one -- though no guarantees.  And you can count on their website being swamped. 

The past years free products have mostly been from the Ostinato Series and retail for around 80 euros(+vat).  After the free licenses are used up, the product will be offered at a discount (so if you miss getting a free copy, you can buy it for a discount).

Most of the days they will just have a 50% (or more) discount on one or more products or bundles.  So if you have any interest in their products the sales for this 12 day event are usually pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got it as well. If this is the 10-year old Carousel at 400Mb then these freebies are getting smaller and smaller. Maybe the second coming will be huge.

Edith: it seems this one’s only 147Mb. 

Edited by Fleer
  • Like 1

If you try to move the library (from where it downloads to) the Sonokinetic Manager will complain it can't find it.  This is because it's looking for "Ibrido Zero.nicnt" instead of "Carousel.nicnt"

I just copied the Carousel file to "Ibrido Zero.nicnt" to make it happy (you need to keep the Carousel file for the instruments of course).

• Thanks 1