VERIFY PLUGINS ISSUE

satya

WHEN I ALWAYS OPEN CAKEWALK IT STARTS TO SCAN PLUGINS , I OWN ARTURIA V COLLECTION AND THE SCAN STOPS WITH EVERY PLUGIN AND THE INSTRUMENT DOES NOT LOAD. SO THERE SHOULD BE A OPTION TO SKIP THE PLUGIN OR DO NOT VERIFY PARTICULAR PLUGIN , BY DOING THIS THIS WILL LOAD THE PLUGIN BUT I GUESS IT WILL BE PLACED IN UNCATEGORISED. THERE IS AN OPTION DO NOT VERIFY PLUGIN IN FL STUDIO , MY IDEA IS SOMETHING LIKE THAT 

The scan frequency is set in VST preferences

By default, the scanner only attempts to load a plug-in one time. It does not matter how often the scanner runs. At that time the plug-in is evaluated and the results are stored in the VST registry. The exceptions to this are

• plug-ins that load via a shell program such as Waves -  the scanner must scan these every run. Users that have large number of plug-ins that use this type of architecture usually set the scan frequency to manual. (Arturia does not use a shell program)
  • the rescan settings are enabled in VST Preferences - just below the scan frequency drop down these options should always be turned off unless attempting to solve particular scanning problems and then they should be enabled for a very limited time.

It is unusual for the Arturia plug-in fail scanning. This is likely a system specific problem and needs more detail to diagnose. An image of the typical error message may help.

Plug-in category tags are a VST3 feature. When Cakewalk added VST3 support, they added categories to the database for quite a few VST2 and DX format plug-ins. Most VST3 plug-ins have category tags supplied by the manufacturer.

Those VST3 plug-ins that have no category tags and VST2/DX plug-ins not found in the category database go in the Uncategorized folder.

Regardless plug-ins may be re-categorized using the plug-in browser.

Plug-ins may be added to the Exclude List at any time. Plug-ins on the Exclude List are ignored by the scanner and not displayed on plug-in lists. If an excluded plug-in is referenced in a project, it still loads and runs in that project.

The Exclude List is maintained in the Plug-in Manager, a tool in the Utilities menu.

To add a plug-in to the Exclude List using the Plug-in Manager, click on the plug-in in the Registered Plug-in list in appropriate plug-in Category  then click the "Exclude Plug-in" button below the Plug-in Categories.

To take a plug-in off the Exclude List using the Plug-in Manager, click on the plug-in Category, click the "Show Excluded" radio button, click on the plug-in name in Registered Plug-ins then click the "Enable Plug-in" button.

Please note how much easier it is reading posts that take advantage of mixed case and whitespace.

• Like 1