Waves Abbey Road RS124 Plugin

cclarry

Note the Royal Compressor you can currently get at PluginBotique as a freebie (i.e. $5 by buying something else) is theoretically also based on the RS124.

Might want to run a test to compare before just blind buying the thing from WAVES, consdiering the RC one doens't have restrictive authorization schemes and prone to Waves Central failures, and show stopping shell scans in Cakewalk.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Note the Royal Compressor you can currently get at PluginBotique as a freebie (i.e. $5 by buying something else) is theoretically also based on the RS124.

Might want to run a test to compare before just blind buying the thing from WAVES, consdiering the RC one doens't have restrictive authorization schemes and prone to Waves Central failures, and show stopping shell scans in Cakewalk.

no need to choose - get both :)

• Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, Zo said:

Anyone actually tested the plugin lol before buying , you guyz are craaayyy craaaayyyy  :!!!! 

Is it still not possible to uninstall a Waves demo/test without removing every Waves plugin and reinstalling (or hacking the files by hand)?

I know that's why I've stopped bothering to demo/test any Waves things.  Uninstalling is too difficult.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Is it still not possible to uninstall a Waves demo/test without removing every Waves plugin and reinstalling (or hacking the files by hand)?

I know that's why I've stopped bothering to demo/test any Waves things.  Uninstalling is too difficult.

it's the same with just installing a new one when they add one to the bundle - it's an all or nothing experience !  They even attempt to install all the sample sets for the instruments again (unless you just deselect the lot)

I mean if you have a bunch of Waves stuff if you WUP everything you have at one time it's one price which has been $240.  If some of the items have their own WUP timing, then they are not included in the WUP everything.   It's not that I'm thinking it would get added.  I would buy this particular Abbey Road item at that time.

$23.01 for an Abbey Road Collection upgrade (if you already own the collection) to add the RS124 compressor, and WUP the collection, with the Collection upgrade dealer code from Waves, plus the YNY23 code at EveryPlugin. 😁

Edited by abacab

If I’m not mistaken, these original Abbey Road plugins went EOL in 2013: TG12413 Limiter, TG Mastering Pack and RS124 Compressor, while the Softube Brilliance Pack (3 EQs: RS127 Rack, RS127 Box, and RS135) survived. And the Waves Abbey Road bundle of course. So there’s still room to add to the latter. 

And as a reminder, to add this to your Abbey Road Collection:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waves no longer allows dealers to "build upgrades".  You have to go
to your Waves account, and select the Upgrade that you want from
what's available, and then select "Customize".  At the bottom of the 
customize page is an option to "buy from a dealer", which will then
request your email address and then send you a "code" which you must
supply to the dealer so that they can do the upgrade.

Just an FYI...

Edited January 4, 2020 by cclarry

18 hours ago, Fleer said:

If I’m not mistaken, these original Abbey Road plugins went EOL in 2013: TG12413 Limiter, TG Mastering Pack and RS124 Compressor, while the Softube Brilliance Pack (3 EQs: RS127 Rack, RS127 Box, and RS135) survived. And the Waves Abbey Road bundle of course. So there’s still room to add to the latter. 

A number of reports suggest the old 32bit RS124 comp actually sounds better than the new one.  

4 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Not my new Win 10 Pro & 10-Core, 20-Thread i9 10900K OC'd to 5GHz

😉 

Bapu , do you plan on joining the nasa and handlin interstellar projects ? lol

Bapu be like :

Edited by Zo
  • Haha 1