behringer x18 with bandlab

phil fraser

Again sorry, im a newbie to bandlab and hope this question hasnt been asked before, but i have a behringer X18 device i'd like to use for my input/output device with bandlab.  i've downloaded the Asio files for X18 from Behringer and windows can see the device (as speaker 2).   i was hoping that i could use the X18 for not only inputs to the software but also connect my powered monitors to the RCA outputs on the X18 for monitoring, rather than to the PC soundcard.

i believe it have set the output on the bandlab correctly to the ASIO for X18 but have no audio going to the X18 via the USB lead.

hoping that someone may have already had such a device connected and give me a tip or two to get this up and running, or advise me if what i'm trying to do aint possible 

cheers

This is hopefully helpful:  I have an MR18 that is similar to the XR18 which is functionally similar to your X18 (whew!). 

First checking the hardware routing ... in the X-Edit app, the In/Out panel (pop-up window) there is a 2x11 grid where 'USB 1/2' column has a blue dot in the cell on the 'Main' row.  That's what's needed to get CbB 1/2 out to go to the physical main outs of your X18. 

As for what you mean about "no audio going to the X18 via the USB lead", you should check the 'Meter' view in the main X-Edit app to see if something is coming from CbB or not.  I'm not familiar with the tablet app that runs the X18, checking those two things should get you closer to a solution.

Keep us posted.