mixing eq & fx settings stored ?

phil fraser

Hi All, new to Cakewalk bandlab so hoping someone can assist with question and excuse my ignorance.

i'm just about to embark on mixing down about 6 multitrack song files on bandlab, all recorded by a 3rd party person. 

My question is that if i load song number 1 for example and spend the time eq'ing the drums, bass, vocal,  adding effects, etc and do the mix down is there a way to keep those channel eq/fx tweaks for song 2, 3, 4 , 5 & 6.   as the original recordings were done on the same instruments but need some final tweaks by me i was hoping that when i loaded the next song that the fixes/changes i made to instrument changes could by global across all the songs, rather than me having to tweak and fix each track of each song all over again ( hope this makes sense) ?

17 hours ago, phil fraser said:

Hi All, new to Cakewalk bandlab so hoping someone can assist with question and excuse my ignorance.

i'm just about to embark on mixing down about 6 multitrack song files on bandlab, all recorded by a 3rd party person. 

My question is that if i load song number 1 for example and spend the time eq'ing the drums, bass, vocal,  adding effects, etc and do the mix down is there a way to keep those channel eq/fx tweaks for song 2, 3, 4 , 5 & 6.   as the original recordings were done on the same instruments but need some final tweaks by me i was hoping that when i loaded the next song that the fixes/changes i made to instrument changes could by global across all the songs, rather than me having to tweak and fix each track of each song all over again ( hope this makes sense) ?

That's why we have both track and project templates. Track templates are probably the handiest way to take portions of a mix out of one project and just quickly add them to your existing other project files. 

• Like 1

I've created a project temple of sorts. I initially set-up and mixed one song in the " album  project - completely.  I then saved off a copy of this project and called it  " buncha empty tracks ". I then erased all track and automation  data and re-saved. For new subsequent projects related to the " album " I simply open the " buncha empty tracks " project and import my new track  data. Then immediately save as to the new project name and include the save to audio project folders. I will add or delete a few tracks here and there related to the exact instruments or vocal tracks etc. But generally all of my track effects  - Buss effects - folders - Track labels and general order and locations of the tracks and busses are the same, including  ( basic pro channel eq's , comps - etc. ) So starting out a new project is basically import the tracks and go.  The tracks are already labeled correctly so I simply import the kick to the kick track , have gates already assigned  etc.  - I treat it  essentially the same as saving track templates and folders  -  without all of the re-assembly required.  Another process I do is to create a buss with no effects assigned except maybe an analyzer such as SPAN and keep that handy for playback of any reference mixes or a clean mix buss that isn't processed through the master buss.

Edited by RBH
  • Like 3