Audio Snap question

jono grant

Hey there,

Audio snap is truly fantastic! I had a question though.

I enabled it across a drum multi-track, It does a great job especially when rendered using the Advanced Radius algorithm.

My question is, is will occasionally create a transient during a long cymbal decay or something, and you get a really odd glitch. 

Is there a way to prevent that or do you just have to go through each transient marker and disable the bad ones?

Thanks

Jono

Yeah, it's time consuming but getting the transients right first is crucial to getting good results and it does mean a bit of manual grunt work moving or deleting markers.

That said, though, if you're just playing it back while the markers are active, you'll be hearing the lower quality online stretching algorithms. If you bounce all of those tracks to clips, it locks everything and uses the better quality offline algorithms. You might find your results sound a lot better, even with rogue markers.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

Yeah, it's time consuming but getting the transients right first is crucial to getting good results and it does mean a bit of manual grunt work moving or deleting markers.

That said, though, if you're just playing it back while the markers are active, you'll be hearing the lower quality online stretching algorithms. If you bounce all of those tracks to clips, it locks everything and uses the better quality offline algorithms. You might find your results sound a lot better, even with rogue markers.

Cool, thanks!

JG

• Like 1

One additional thing to try is a different offline rendering algorithm too. Some work better than others, especially when there's tempo/meter changes involved. I've been having pretty good luck with Elastique myself, although others have mentioned that tempo changes can really screw up the transients.

AS definitely needs some love, but if you know how to deal with its idiosyncrasies, it's pretty powerful. :)

• Like 1